Announcements

No video only sound Joe Rogan Podcast Chromecast

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: No video only sound Joe Rogan Podcast Chromecast - Status changed to: Under investigation

Casual Listener

Just signed back up to Spotify and have the following issues: I have an Android Smart TV and downloaded the Spotify app from the google play store using my TV.

When I go to the Joe Rogan Experience official podcast I get the following: I only get 26 episodes, all very old, and the newest one dated May 19 is titled - Joe Rogan is coming to Spotify. I know it is the right channel I am viewing because I followed it from my Spotify account using my laptop. Talking about laptops....If I access Spotify using my browser I can view all episodes including new ones but it will not play any of them. I have tried switching off browser extensions and VPN ( although never had a problem running through a VPN on tablet with Spotify for years) still nothing. I am using Linux on all my machines and had intended to use the Spotify Linux app. When I use the app rather than the browser to watch JRE, not only doesn't it play but all the new episodes are not even available. Very strange. Music is playing fine using Linux app and tV. However I was intending ( as I currently do with the Youtube app on my TV ) to watch the JRE podcast on my TV. Hope you get it sorted before December when it will only be available on Spotify.

Highlighted

Re: No video only sound Joe Rogan Podcast Chromecast - Status changed to: Under investigation

Casual Listener
I have a Android TV with the Spotify app from the Google Play Store. When you use the official app and visit the JRE official channel, you are presented with 26 old episodes in total and none of them play. It's not just casting that's the problem. Also does not work using the official spotify app for linux, or in a browser using Linux.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Toshiba Android TV = NO JRE

Highlighted

Casual Listener
The official app for Android TV does not work either. Complete joke. Ill just go back to Qobuz to listen to music, The worldwide leader in 24-Bit Hi-Res music streaming, and pirate the JRE show if I must. The only reason I came back and signed up for a paid subscription was for the podcast.
Highlighted

Re: No video only sound Joe Rogan Podcast Chromecast

Visitor

Have the same issue. Have a samsung galaxy s9

And I have a smartcast VIZIO V SERIES 50'' tv (with chromecast OS)

I really don't need to type firmware versions of anything. I have spotify up-to-date. My phone is always up to date. TV is up to date.

Just get your engineers to make an easy to access casting function on the UI in the app, and to roll it out on Chromecast OS.

Youtube is ahead of its game by a longshot. Get your act together. This is a $42 billion valuated company. 

Highlighted

Visitor

I’m having the same issue I can play it on my phone and see the video and audio but when I stream it to my TV I only get audio this I would think he would want to fix pretty quick being that a lot of people watch Joe Rogan on YouTube

Highlighted

Casual Listener

There is no video on my Xbox or roku stick.  Audio only is a waste of time and inferior to YouTube... so I will continue to use YouTube and check back every so often.  I will have no use for Spotify When December rolls around and that is no longer an option.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This due to DRM block. Same reason you cannot connect your phone to your tv and use a video app like netflix.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I can’t watch JRE on Spotify on my tv.
I can watch JRE on YouTube on my tv.

This is a problem that Spotify needs to fix. I don’t understand how digital rights management could be the cause of that, or care frankly.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

May not care, but it's not really a technical problem. This is a problem that Spotify probably will not fix. Unless they figure out a way to allow only JRE or video podcasts while still protecting music from copyright. They have until December when exclusive deal starts. After that it will be a big problem for JRE fans.

SUGGESTED POSTS