Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No video only sound Joe Rogan Podcast Chromecast

No video only sound Joe Rogan Podcast Chromecast

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung galaxy S10+ / Chromecast Ultra

My Question or Issue

When i stream de JRE from my phone to chromecast i only get audio, no video. If i'm only using my phone i get video.

96 Replies

Yeah, how DARE they call this solved??? Absolute con artists. 

Actually I am the one that made the post about Spotify working on my Sony Android TV, but I had trouble login in with my normal account.

Something to try: I had to update Spotify manually on the playstore..

Another thing, I'm in The Netherlands, maybe I'm a beta tester or something 😉

DSC_0488.JPG

Why have you bleeped me saying the word HIT?? How paranoid are you that people are swearing about your useless product? Hahaha... Incredible.

Spoiler
Anyone know how to watch the Joe Rogan podcast on my TV?

You can’t. Spotify has made the podcast inaccessible to millions 

Yes what a new and interesting idea, playing videos on a television. Better move fast before somebody else beets you to market. HOW IS THIS A THING?!?!?! He makes the videos all you have to do is add the feature, **bleep** you don't even have to add the videos your selves you can host them on a number of services and only have them available on yours. This is not some new or novel concept. Not to mention how would any of these get "enough votes" whatever that means., when you allow people to create new ones for the same topic all the time? I have seen several of these with votes ranging from less than 10 to the thousands. Which after using your website it makes more sense now, everything is only half way thought out.

No video on my Samsung smart tv app. And my Chromecast says it doesn't support Spotify. (?)

Still having the exact same issue I've been having all along.  My device is a Samsung S20 ultra 5g on AT&T.  This issue happens regardless of being connected to either wifi or cell network.  The moment my phone connects to ANY Bluetooth device, speaker, headphones, car audio or Video device, the video on the podcast stops playing and becomes audio only.  The only way to watch the video is to have my Bluetooth on my phone off.  This has been going on since the moment the JRE switched to Spotify.  This is not the first post I've made about this and judging by the sheer amount of other comments I'm far from the only one it's effecting.  I've been a paying Spotify customer for years but this apparent lack of any semblance of motivation to address this issue that is affecting 10's of millions of subscribers is making me rethink that subscription cost.  YouTube music is looking awfully tempting at the moment.  The saddest part about this situation is that you (Spotify) won't even take the time to speak on the issue.  If you were to simply speak on the issue,  and I don't mean a three sentence statement, but actually factually, honestly and sincerely address and update your subscribers, you may actually find some patience on our part.  

100% !!! All they had to do was copy any one of the FAR superior platforms out there and all would have been fine! I don't think YouTube ever had a single fault. And guess what - I wasn't forced to pay for it either!!! Spotify are useless thieves. Signed the JRE deal for a captive audience then realised they could treat them like dirt.

Start playing the video on your phone app then hit the button that lists all your devices, Hit the three dots next to the device you want to play the video on and select Google cast. The default option is Spotify connect which does not play video.

Works on Android TV.

Chromecasting your entire screen drains battery life quickly and the phone
will try to sleep frequently.

Not really a solution when the content you're trying to watch is 2 to 3
hours

It doesn't cast your whole screen, just the video.

16075706535286443124082061488212.jpg

When JRE announced he was moving from YouTube to Spotify I was ambivalent. Until I found I can now only listen and not watch on my TCL Roku TV. I can’t believe that for a tech company you **bleep** the pooch so badly. This shouldn’t be something your users have to “vote” for, fix it already. 

Spotify is systemically woke. There is no other explanation for Spotify getting Rogan months and millions of dollars ago and them not having a smart TV app that supports video. This about more than the desire of the majority. Spotify is catering to the will of a minority of people that make a lot of noise. Helluva way to run a business.

Hi Xenia, 

I hope this finds you well. 

So I had not tried video play back in awhile as I gave up, but I gave it a go today. I was delighted to see there was an update for my smart TV app as there hadn't been one in a long time and there was an update for my phone app.... so I thought THIS IS IT!  (image of updated versions attached)

Alas it was not, video playback still does not work on my TV. Whether I search and play directly on the TV or if I stream from my phone, only audio plays back. 

Surely there is something wrong here? I find it hard to believe that such updates were launched without this feature being addressed. 

I know some people have it up and running but I still don't and it's very frustrating. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change? Any help you can offer would be great. 

Kind regards, 

Brian O'Neill  

20210327_115512.jpg

I think it’s partly dependent on the type of TV. Video works fine on my Sony OLED Android based TV. Always has. It doesn’t work at all on my TCL Roku TV and never has. Now that I’m thinking about it, I’m going to test it out on my LG. I’ve never tried it on this TV yet and it is yet another operating system.

Hey folks,

Just jumping in here to share the latest news with you all 🙂

In the past months we've been looking closely at your feedback and working to add video support to new devices. You can already enjoy videos on:
  • Chromecast
  • Newer model Android TVs
  • Apple TV: Status update here
  • FireTV devices: Status update here
Going forward, we would like to refer you to the Idea Exchange as it is the best way of providing your feedback and receive updates on the status of individual feature requests. Here are a few existing ideas:

If you can't find an idea for the specific device you'd like to be able to watch podcast videos on, you can always submit a new idea for it.

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts