Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not Playing Music - ChromeBook

Not Playing Music - ChromeBook

I've been trying to play music on my Chromebook, but it just won't play, I can't even press on the play button.. It does work on my phone though, why?

3 Replies

I have this problem as well. All images load properly, I can search and browse and whatnot, etc. Everything is functional except actually playing music. If I click on the play button, nothing happens (other than the album being added to my recently played list). This problem is sometimes not present - when it is, there is a green bar at the bottom of the screen that says "You're listening on Spotify Web Player." When it is not an issue, the green bar is gone. Unsure what to do. I've cleared my cache, restarted my device, messed with plug-in permissions, everything possble. Nothing works. I am using a Dell chromebook on the lastest version.

I just started having this issue. Was playing music just fine all day, and then gone. Like you, I have a green bar at the bottom which I never saw before when things were working. I've done the same things you have and still nothing. Sad face.

I have the same problem only when trying to listen using the web player. I can listen if NOT trying to use web player. I PAY for the use of the web player, I pay to have a BROWSE button (seriously, I do not have browse button) and trying to find a podcast is absolutely a joke - same for the pitiful list of audio books. I gave up on podcasts and audio books on Spotify. There are so many better places to go - Everyday I ask myself why do I stay with this ridiculous company? Obviously Spotify doesn't care as long as they get my money every month. I am more than a tad ticked off. Think it is time to just say oh well, so I've spent years creating playlists but, if I live another few years I can make new ones on a better music site. OR, I can just be happy with my "Search, Home, and Your Music" buttons and hang in there and hope Spotify can get it's act together. 

Suggested posts