Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving notifications of ANY new music by artists I follow

Solved!

Not receiving notifications of ANY new music by artists I follow

148 Replies

Spotify = great content, hit or miss apps, HORRIBLE quality control and NON EXISTANT support

Come on, it's been 3 weeks now.  I used to get updates almost every day, but it's now been 21 days since last notice on windows desktop and no updates on Android either.

I just received a notification about new music. Problem solved?

I just got one too! 😄

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have received any, Deezer went nuts yesterday and sent be loads of new album notifications. For those who are receiving these, are they being backlogged?

EDIT that should have said " I haven't received any"

Me neither 😕

Just to let you know the Spotify guys are looking into this, hopefully they will have good news sooner rather than later!

Peter

Still nothing on thursday. I would be nice if the spotify guys could comment on what is going on.

I actually got one new release notification this week - first in a while.  Notfications from the beginning have always been kind of broken or very late.  Hope it eventually gets sorted out.

I had found they are not too bad. However I use Deezer as well and their notifications for new albums are almost always instant. They even suggest new releases without having to follow the artist

Are notifications broken again for anyone else? I only have 1. I mean they limited them to a maximum of 20 a few weeks ago but I only have 1 in both desktop and web player.

Follow me

Yeah, for me it seems to have died with the latest windows desktop update.  Now I can't even see any prior notification either, just 'No more notifications' error.  Seriously, I PAY for this service and this is the primary reason I haven't jumped back to Google Music or gotten serious about the Amazon one.  

It's the Spotify mantra - release half-assed features, lie about listening to customer feedback and then pull the features and replace them with something else which is broken upon release.

Don't expect this or Activity Feed to be fixed or improved anytime soon.

- - -
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
- Jorge Luis Borges

I follow 150+ artists on Spotify. Can't remember the last time I saw a notification.

So, ironically, the easiest way for me to find new releases on Spotify is to open Rdio and check the notifications there (because it works properly!), then check if those were also added on Spotify. 

Are new music notifications still really hit and miss for people? My mate told me he had a new music notification for an artist that he follows today, yet I follow that exact same artist, and I didn't receive anything.

Yeah they seem a little broken at the minute, Matt is on the case escalating it behind the scenes to the Spotify teams.

Peter

Sounds good, thanks Peter!

Yeah I'm experiencing problems with my notification too, they've not worked for about 4 days now. Any updates? @MattSuda 

Same here! My last notification was 6 days ago... Usually I have couple a day, so it's weird.

Suggested posts