Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving notifications of ANY new music by artists I follow

Solved!

Not receiving notifications of ANY new music by artists I follow

148 Replies

Yeah @user-removed 

I've been having problems with notifications for months now...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah, this isn't quite the same as advertised. I miss some releases. These should be popped no matter how much releases they release.

@user-removed 

That's why I want Spotify to add a new releases section for artists we follow (seperate for notifications)

So that they will all be one in place:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/New-Releases-Section-for-Artists-I-Follow/idi-p/949039

Maybe better than notifications

MattSudaSpotify Star

One question: why the hell didn't I get a notification for Kendrick Lamar's new album?? Apparently it set a record for most streamed album on release day but I didn't know it was out until a couple of days later. I get very few notifications, please fix this Spot.

Yeah, this has always been the case for me - I get very frequent updates for followed playlists, but not for artist releases, which is disapointing 😞 it would be such a great way to keep up to date and not miss anything.

Lately during last couple of months I seem to have missed a lot of new albums by the artists I follow, because there has not been notifications about those. I've heard similar stories from my friends as well, so at least judging from that, it seems that there is still problems.

This is really really annoying as I listen and follow a lot of artists and now it is almost exclusively up to luck for me to find the new albums as it is near impossible to scour through all artists every week to look for new stuff.

On the same note, I would greatly like a feature in which you could read old notifications on mobile app as well. Not I get a one-time notification only, and then there is no way in mobile to re-read it afterwards.

Edit: Looking into it closer, I have mostly gotten notifications on some playlists that I follow, but very rarely any new albums by artists I follow. 

@meahtenoha wrote:

1. The artist/ album/ song just released. 

2. Where you expected the notification (in the app, via email).

3. Did the notification arriving late or simply never arrive?

4. How many people/ artists are you following? 

5. How many notifications do you get per day on average? 

1. I haven't gotten notifications on at least from the new album by Silversun Pickups, probably also the My Morning Jacket new album, but I'm not 100% sure if I was actually following the latter previously. Then new album by Tennis is definately one of these. Could be more, I is hard to say as I would have to go through huge amount of artists to see definately. But at least those I have found.

2. I expect notifications in mobile app and desktop app.

3. For these mentioned, the notification never came.

4. I follow 327 artists. Which makes working notifications even more important for me as it is not possible to go through all artists every week manually.

5. I seem to get 0-6 notifications per day, 6 was maximum (2-3 times) during last 45 days, 4 notifications per day I seem to have had 4-5 times. Mostly playlist additions (70-80%).

I'm having similar issues. My album was published to Spotify this saturday and no one that I know who follows my artist got any notification for it. What is going on?

I can’t get any notifications for new music, updates in my playlists and so on.

Notifications seems to be broken again. Any ETA to fix that?

Thanks,

Lior

Same here!

I haven't received any new notifications since a while ago, a few months I would say.

Is there any issue with it or anything we could do?

+1

it's ridiculous.

I've lost notification about month ago, Got a lot of playlist inc my friends one, after adding new songs to palylist i follow I dont have any notifiaction!. Dont know if it's program version related or fault on Spotify server end. Pls Fix IT.

Hi, I saw many comments about this topic here and in other places. To be honest, I don't care about the notifications on artists releases, but I lost all sorts of notifications since a while. For messages, which are very important as me and my friends subscribed to Spotify so we can share songs easier. And for when people follow my playlists. I cannot see any info related to that anymore as the notification was the only way of knowing.

Considering it's an old topic, I have many friends complaining about the same problem and this makes a whole difference on having Spotify or not, could you please give us any news on when this will be fixed?

I uninstalled the app on both pc and phone, nothing ever changed.

Thanks!

You could try a quickfix is to remove the  ~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/Browser/  folder and restart spotify. 

If it does not work I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and see what is going on:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

I hope it helps you!

--

Bittencourt

BittencourtSpotify Star

Again almost a month without any notifications on any platform. There were some yesterday and then previous ones are from 20 days ago. Many playlists I follow still had songs added during that time, for example. And probably there were some new albums as well, that I did not receive a notification.

This is gettig f-king annoying.

In my case, it seems like that there is no new release- notifications at all.

I started to follow artist (alltogheter 42) a couple og weeks ago so that I can be notified about new releases. "new album release" is enabled in my account settings.

But no notifactions about new releases has arrived - and there has been released at least two new singles from artists I am following (20. and 22. of april)

What can the reason be?

Yo estoy igual, desde hace unas tres semanas, no recivo ningun tipo de notificación , no entiendo nada, no se que hacer!!!

@1189987325 @limbbassi

You're not the only one missing notifications.

Check these threads:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Notifications-not-updating-for-a-month/idc-p/1284372

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Notifications-not-working/m-p/133202...

In the meantime, I suggest for you to check swarm.fm since nobody knows when (or if) notifications are coming back.

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks for the info osornios!

Then I will use swarm.fm 🙂

Suggested posts