Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not showing all songs from public playlists

Solved!

Not showing all songs from public playlists

Hi. I found a playlist I'd like to listen but it's lacking some songs on my desktop app (Windows). For example there's a playlist that contains 19 songs but it's showing only 13 (like on the pics below). Did someone had similiar problem and know how to fix it?

spotify web player - 19 songsspotify web player - 19 songs

spotify on windows - 13 songsspotify on windows - 13 songs

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Vanalammothien

It looks like in the web player some songs are greyed out. Songs are usually greyed out because they are unavailable to play. Songs can be unavailable when the artist has restricted the music to certain countries or has removed it from Spotify.

The Spotify desktop app does not display unavailable songs by default. When songs are hidden, it will also decrease the number that shows the total amount of songs.

You can go into the Spotify desktop app settings and scroll all the way down to "Display Options" and turn on "show unavailable songs in playlists"

Does that help?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Vanalammothien

It looks like in the web player some songs are greyed out. Songs are usually greyed out because they are unavailable to play. Songs can be unavailable when the artist has restricted the music to certain countries or has removed it from Spotify.

The Spotify desktop app does not display unavailable songs by default. When songs are hidden, it will also decrease the number that shows the total amount of songs.

You can go into the Spotify desktop app settings and scroll all the way down to "Display Options" and turn on "show unavailable songs in playlists"

Does that help?

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yes! Thank you very much! 🙂

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts