Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nothing happens when pressing play button on bottom toolbar or in main part of the screen

Solved!

Nothing happens when pressing play button on bottom toolbar or in main part of the screen

I searched around for a while and couldn't find anything about my issue so I thought I would start a new topic. 

In the Spotify web player, everything loads fine but when I press the play button on anything (playlists, individual songs or albums, etc.) nothing happens. It is only happening when I am accessing it on Chrome. Internet Explorer seems to work fine.

I went through as much troubleshooting as I could find on the Spotify website, but still didn't find much about it. Any ideas where else to look for solutions or things to try to get it to work?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had similar problems while listening via chrome. My solution was, everytime I opened Spotify webplayer I had to click on the butten left of the volume control located at the down right corner of Spotify webplayer and select "Listening On Spotify webplayer" then it worked 🙂

Seems like some strange behavior of Chrome. Did not have problems with Cyberfox

Give some Kudos if this anwer suits you well 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I had the same issue. It starting happening when my phone and my laptop were connected on spotify, I relogged into my phone and played a song through to my laptop via the phone and then I force closed spotify on my phone to make spotify web the only player for my account.

My guess is that it was waiting for a response from my phone and as my phone was connected to my FB account and not my login account that it was just waiting for something that was never going to happen until I relogged.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

I had similar problems while listening via chrome. My solution was, everytime I opened Spotify webplayer I had to click on the butten left of the volume control located at the down right corner of Spotify webplayer and select "Listening On Spotify webplayer" then it worked 🙂

Seems like some strange behavior of Chrome. Did not have problems with Cyberfox

Give some Kudos if this anwer suits you well 🙂

Marked as solution

I had the same issue. It starting happening when my phone and my laptop were connected on spotify, I relogged into my phone and played a song through to my laptop via the phone and then I force closed spotify on my phone to make spotify web the only player for my account.

My guess is that it was waiting for a response from my phone and as my phone was connected to my FB account and not my login account that it was just waiting for something that was never going to happen until I relogged.

This was it. Thank you very much.

HetzeFetz's solution worked for me (firefox), thanks

this worked for me as well

Haven't been able to use Spotify for days and then found your answer, it worked!

THANKS

Your answer and the one below didn't work directly, but led me in the right direction. That "Connect to a Device" icon next to the volumn control didn't present me any options to choose from. But when I went to the iPhone app and clicked the comparable devices icon, I selected Web Player from there, and then the browser on my PC started playing the music.

So then I went back to the icon on the PC/Chrome web player and sure enough it now presented me with "Connect to a Device" options including "This Web Browser" and "Spotify Connect" on my iPhone. 

@Spotify, you should consider this a bug. If I'm logged into the web player, I shouldn't have to go back to my phone and click something to get the music to play on my PC.

Edit: I got it to work, and IDK how to delete comments, sorry!

Fixed, idk how to delete this, Sorry!

Suggested posts