Noticeable lag when connected to Kenwood DMX7705S

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 12.2

My Question or Issue

I just recently had a Kenwood DMX7705S installed in my car and have been experiencing a noticable lag when skipping songs while connected to the dedicated onboard spotify app (which was preinstalled and currently up to date) and when using spotify connected through bluetooth. This lag can cause the headunit to delay to 10 seconds to switch the song/show the correct album artwork and song information of the song.

Is there any known fixes or issues that can cause such a delay? I have used other streaming services and concluded that it only occurs with spotify. I have already tried a clean install and forgetting the offline devices.

1 Reply

I have a Kenwood DMX7017DABS with the same issue. This problem also starten back in 2018 somewhere.

When I stream Spotify from my phone through the normal bluetooth app on the radio everything works fine with no lag.

When I switch to the embedded Spotify app on the radio I can skip around 4-5 songs in a row without lag, everything after that doesn't catch up anymore. Even the play and pause don't work due to major lag. So you have to restart the radio again.

I'm not sure if there is a problem in the Spotify app on the radio or the Spotify app on the phone. Very annoying.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

Suggested posts