Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ONKYO 515 login problem

ONKYO 515 login problem

sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I have looked through other threads.

I have an ONKYO 515 and I am trying to login to spotify, but I keep getting a login error.

I am using my spotify details (not facebook).

My spotify account works fine on my iphone an laptop.

I have the system linked to a BT home hub 3. I've checked that the router is working and it seems fine.

My user name has a "_" symbol in it, but appart from that I nothing else is unusual.

I have multiple other laptops etc. so I might have reached a limit on devices?

Apart from that I'm out of ideas. Any help/advice?

7 Replies

What is the exact error message you are getting on the Onkyo?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It says "login Error. Please Check your account information. For help with you password. visit www.spotify.com"

Just to make sure I've logged in to several other devices with password. All is fine. I even changed the password and went through the whole thing again. Still no joy.

I've hooked up my laptop to the same ethernet cable to make sure that is all working and getting good speeds...

UPDATE

Just tried to login to last fm and get connection error.

Problem looks like its with the ONKYO side.

Current firmware version is 1161-0108-0400.

If its an onkyo issue, there customer support would be the best people to reach out too. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

UPDATE FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHERS IN SIMILAR SITUATION:

I've finally got things working. Not entirely sure how! But I think the problem was with the BT Home Hub 3 settings.  I've enabled DMZ and assigned the MAC for the ONKYO and created port forwarding on ports 4070 and 80 (as per Spotify FAQ advice). I also turned of UPnP, but have since turned it back on so not sure if this helped me make the initial log-on or not. Foir those of superstitious nature they might like to do this ;-). This seems to now work. Not sure whether its the DMZ or the port forwarding, or both thats making it work, but I'm leaving it as is for now..

It was a bit slow to begin as it uploaded all the playlists but seems to be fine now.

If anyone else suffers similar problems I hope this helps. 

Glad you got it working 🙂 I'm going to move this thread over to the other devices section where other Onkyo users are more likely to find it.

ONKYO TX NR515 Problem fixed!

Had the same issue. My ONKYO TX NR515 failed at the Spotify login. After many attempts doing several steps, one thing cured the problem. My DHCP needed to be enabled.

My WiFi connection is via UWF-1 Dongle.

Login into Spotify.com > Set a password for your devices.  Spotify will also provide you with a unique 10 digit number as the username.

I also updated to the latest firmware and followed the installation instructions found here.  All of my playlists appeared great I was able to select them just as from the PC.

Last, the Onkyo app on my Android phone was disabled from accessing Spotify at the time I enabled DCHP under the Onkyo network settings.

Good Luck!

Suggested posts