Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ONKYO and Radio function

ONKYO and Radio function

Hi

I have the Onkyo NR 616 Receiver and I am very satisgied with the functions and power. But one thing Bothers me: why it is not able to use the radio-function of spotify in the spotify-app? 

Someone else who misses this function? 

Greets

11 Replies

I miss the funktion, too

i built in this radio function in my TX-NR609

I took an outdated (not too old) HTC android handy) with existinng spotify app then i use a jack to cinch cable with 5 meters
because i need this android phone as a remote controll at my table in  the living room. Be sure to connect the android handy explicit to wlan. I plug the cinch into my game analog audials port now i can use my game function to hear spotify radio, you can't see anything on spotify display but you have the full info and function  on the android handy.
If you want you also can use an bluetooth plug to connect your handy  so you are more flexible but i tihink it sounds better with cable.

miss it too..register premiuim only because of the radio...:-/

has anybody heard if this is planned and at what date ?

Any update on Radio function for our Onkyo receivers? mine is NR609

Radio is a MUST have. spotify Radio rules!

And also shuffle songs on Onkyo reciever is a must have ...

miss it too..registered premium  because of the radio...:-(

On Reply of:

"i built in this radio function in my TX-NR609

I took an outdated (not too old) HTC android handy) with existinng spotify app then i use a jack to cinch cable with 5 meters
because i need this android phone as a remote controll at my table in  the living room. Be sure to connect the android handy explicit to wlan. I plug the cinch into my game analog audials port now i can use my game function to hear spotify radio, you can't see anything on spotify display but you have the full info and function  on the android handy.
If you want you also can use an bluetooth plug to connect your handy  so you are more flexible but i tihink it sounds better with cable."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or you just buy a more expensive AV-Receiver... ๐Ÿ˜‰

For me - your 'solution' - is completely not acceptible.

Personally: I even don't think it is a solution, you just make it more difficult.

The spotify app is the same for all receivers

Any news on that radio issue with the onky app? I registered premium only for that feature, to find out, that it doesn't exist on my Onkyo TX-8050

There is no issue. There is no radio on any partner hardware device as it isn't included in the libspotify library. If they ever decide to change it, I'm sure they'll annonce this.

Suggested posts