ONKYO and Radio function

Highlighted

ONKYO and Radio function

Wasaa

Hi

I have the Onkyo NR 616 Receiver and I am very satisgied with the functions and power. But one thing Bothers me: why it is not able to use the radio-function of spotify in the spotify-app? 

Someone else who misses this function? 

Greets

11 Replies
Highlighted

Re: ONKYO and Radio function

tab
Casual Listener

I miss the funktion, too

Highlighted

Betreff: ONKYO and Radio function

norbertauslinz
Music Fan

i built in this radio function in my TX-NR609

I took an outdated (not too old) HTC android handy) with existinng spotify app then i use a jack to cinch cable with 5 meters
because i need this android phone as a remote controll at my table in  the living room. Be sure to connect the android handy explicit to wlan. I plug the cinch into my game analog audials port now i can use my game function to hear spotify radio, you can't see anything on spotify display but you have the full info and function  on the android handy.
If you want you also can use an bluetooth plug to connect your handy  so you are more flexible but i tihink it sounds better with cable.

Highlighted

memento77

miss it too..register premiuim only because of the radio...:-/

Highlighted

lcottereau
Casual Listener

has anybody heard if this is planned and at what date ?

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Any update on Radio function for our Onkyo receivers? mine is NR609

Highlighted

mrWel
Casual Listener

Radio is a MUST have. spotify Radio rules!

And also shuffle songs on Onkyo reciever is a must have ...

Highlighted

tbaentje4

miss it too..registered premium  because of the radio...:-(

Highlighted

vanSijll
Music Fan

On Reply of:

"i built in this radio function in my TX-NR609

I took an outdated (not too old) HTC android handy) with existinng spotify app then i use a jack to cinch cable with 5 meters
because i need this android phone as a remote controll at my table in  the living room. Be sure to connect the android handy explicit to wlan. I plug the cinch into my game analog audials port now i can use my game function to hear spotify radio, you can't see anything on spotify display but you have the full info and function  on the android handy.
If you want you also can use an bluetooth plug to connect your handy  so you are more flexible but i tihink it sounds better with cable."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or you just buy a more expensive AV-Receiver... 😉

For me - your 'solution' - is completely not acceptible.

Personally: I even don't think it is a solution, you just make it more difficult.

Highlighted

elcimarron
Casual Listener

The spotify app is the same for all receivers

SUGGESTED POSTS