Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline for sportwatches or smartwatches

Solved!

Offline for sportwatches or smartwatches

Hi

Is there any sportwatch or smartwatch (sporting variant) that supports offline listening or will soon supporting it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Wuuuuuuhu finally the solution!!

The new Samsung Gear Sport will feature offline Spotify Playlist.

An Update for the Gear S3 will bring offline Support too 🙂

Finally after more than 4 years of waiting time Spotify react to our wish.

Hoppefully the feature will come for other manufactures too.

But i'm happy now 🙂

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Hey @realpapla, thanks for reaching out to us!

At the moment, we don't have this feature available for smartwatches. We think this is a great idea, so we'll let our developers know this is something you'd like to see. 

All the best 🙂

Hi,

This seems to be a repeated request from many people.

I'm also looking to be able to listen to my offline playlists on a smartwatch...don't want to run with a heavy phone but just a smartwatch.

I prefer Spotify to Apple Music but with the Apple Watch, you are able to listen to an offline playlist.

It's a bit sad that it takes so much time to find a solution to that within Spotify.

Many customers, like me, are tired of waiting for a solution and will switch to Apple Music (against my will...because I would like to have the SPOTIFY solution).

So, please inform me if there would be a solution that I am not aware of and if not, inform me when a solution is expected. I might return to Spotify in future again.

But it's lost income for Spotify as I'm probably not the only one in this situation...

Thanks for checking

Hey @kurt69, we appreciate all your feedback in regards to this.

Please know if you'd like to request a feature you can always do so in our Idea Exchange here:  

Sam for me here. I just left Spotify because of this. To ba able to exercise without iphone is reality today with apple watch. Many will do just like me to let go of the bulky phone that doesnt belong on a race track or a run in the woods. 

Do wearebles/smartwatches have headphone jack? 
Can someone give me a list,

We NEED THIS please!!!

**bleep** we are in the year 2017 now and Spotify is simply ignoring this request!

I'm premium user for aprox 4 years and really want a smartwatch with offline spotify capabilities or better with 4G E SIM card module to stream on the go with the watch.
Nobody can tell me whats so difficult to implement this feature!
I want to work out without my 5,7" Phone.

Come on Spotify start to do this or a lot of sports addicted people will leave you for other streaming services!

It WAS requested. Two years ago. It now has 21 pages of comments.

Instead of posting form replies, please make this feature available! You are already hemorrhaging customers to Google Play Music- if you want to go IPO, maybe you should put out some diffentiators...

https://bemighty.com

This is THE solution. They are in their final stage of launching.

I ordered 2 and will get mine shipped in Mar17...this month.

Very excited about it!

I begin to believe they don't even try to do this.Maybe it's a political decision and Spotify want people to use smartwatches the way they want.I really c'ant explain it.Totally dumb!

I'm afraid this has also crossed my mind. Obviously they don't want a Premium member to download music, cancel their Premium memebrship and "steal" those songs.

However, Netflix dealt with this very cleanly when they recently introduced downloading content- the download simply expires if it isn't re-verified. Unless the smartwatch is taken entirely offline (why would ANYONE use a smartwatch without at elast wifi or bluetooth?!) then the app would see the Premium membership ahd ended and delete or lock the offline songs.

I'm no engineer, but that seems simple to me! Unless Google is making it difficult to develop this in an attempt to push all Wear users to Google Play Music?

Wah!

@Kurt69

I've considered that, but smartwatches can do this already with GPM and I REALLY want the monitoring the offer, as I am an avid runner.

Seeing the fitness focus of Wear 2.0 and the New Balance, Polar, Huawei and other Wear models that just came out, I know I'm not exactly a tiny niche audience here! Why can't I have a single Wear 2.0 device that provides activity monitoring and offline playback, ya know?

Completely agree. About to quit my subscription as well since there is no support for offline playback on running watches...

Looks like an ipod nano.  Just another device to lose. Would still need smartwatch for gps, hrm, etc.  Need smartwatch availablitly for spotify offline.

I made a video of installing Spotify on android wear https://youtu.be/wU-BMcDfGQM

Does your install work for offline mode and without needing the phone nearby?

Seriously, this thread has been going for a little while now. Plenty of Premium members seem to want offline playlists on their watches, and are willing to leave for Google Play Music to get it.

It's been announced as coming for Tizen. How's about Wear 2.0?

Spotify moderators? @MaryC1?

Anything? Wanna weigh in here?

No use. They just don't care about paying customers.

Suggested posts