Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode for dummies

Offline mode for dummies

I recently upgraded to a premium account so I could use the spotify app on my mobile (Nokia Lumia 800)

From what I understood there was an option to go offline so you could listen to music without draining your data allowance - this is the only way I can use the app as my data allowance is gone within about 1hr of use.

I've tried everything but can't seem to get this to work. When I put the app in offline mode I can open my playlist but can't play any of the tracks as they're 'not available in offline mode'. I have synced the same playlist to offline mode on my pc as thought this would help but still doesn't work.

At the top of the playlist it has the option to 'download' yes/no but I have no idea what that means - is it the same as offline mode?!

Could anybody help or point me in the direction of a 'step by step' guide to using the app for windows phones. Would love this to work & am a big spotify fan but this is making me so annoyed!!

Mx

2 Replies

Hi. I don't know anything about the windows phones but, to listen to music offline it does need to be downloaded to your phone. So if there's a playlist you like the look of, hit the download button and it will save the tracks to your device. You should see something like a green circe with down pointing arrow when complete. Repeat for any other music you want to listen to offline. You need to be online for this to work then when you switch to offline, the music should still be playable.

I hope this helps.

I will give it a go, thanks!

Suggested posts