Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One of my liked song changed to this unknown artist?

Solved!

One of my liked song changed to this unknown artist?

Plan

Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

Spotify Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, I got some weird issue here. From what I remember and 100% sure. I liked one song from The xx - Intro (link). Somehow for whatever reason, that song changed to this artist (link) which is weird suddenly it has voices in it. 

How can this happened? Is it some kind of exploit or something? I don't like this situation when some random guys can swap my liked song with their own version without my permission.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

@mgrayer180, Thanks for reaching out to Support and reporting this! The right team should be taking care of this 🙂

If you spot content that is incorrect or broken you're always welcome to inform the support team about it following the relevant steps from this article

I thought I'd jump in here to give a bit of clarification why a mix-up like this can happen. Sometimes songs/albums get taken down from the platform in certain regions due to copyright issues or other factors. Most of the time this content will get reuploaded back to the platform shortly, but there might be two different tracks with different metadata for the same song. So when you stream a track from the app, it will automatically try to play a version of the song which is currently available. We apologize that this is causing inconvenience, but we're taking all the user feedback and passing it on to the right teams at Spotify, who are always trying to make things better 🙂

Hope this info is helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Absolutely same! Hope Spotify notices this and figures out a fix

Exactly the same here - not the first time tracks in my playlist have changed to different versions/albums, but never a completely different artist! What's going on?

So glad I found this topic and I'm not going crazy, haha.

I was VERY surprised to be listening to this track and then hear words! I had it playing in a different room and thought someone was talking! So bizarre.

The meta-data is still in a weird situation where the desktop app seems to still think it is all correct (links to the right artist/album and has correct artwork) but the mobile app has the 'slade' artwork (with 'The xx' and 'xx' as artist/album).

slade version: https://open.spotify.com/album/2rmMeEq5D1Bg7YFRwtHBDr?highlight=spotify:track:0DAsxISzun85PbsqAfIzeC

The xx version: https://open.spotify.com/album/6tzQKMilI02kn1lzLklDI8?highlight=spotify:track:5VfEuwErhx6X4eaPbyBfyu

I'm so glad I'm not going crazy over here! I logged onto Spotify on my fire tv to listen to my wrapped 2020 playlist and it has this slade guy's version in the playlist instead of The xx's. What is also weird is if you go to Slade's spotify profile, it shows Intro as his most listened to song... Is this even legal??? It's like he somehow stole those listens??? Because The xx has like the same exact amount of listens on their spotify profile. Pretty weird.

I have my alarm set to the xx intro for months..... can you imagine how confused and freaked i was in the morning when i suddenly heard unknown voice?

While this is annoying as **bleep** (Honestly, how does this even happen?), you can manually track down the original track and re-add it to your playlist, which worked for me

Just want to let everyone stumbling on this topic that I *did* reach out to Spotify Support regarding this. They are looking into it and hopefully will be sorted out soon.

---

"We’ve checked it out and see what you mean, so we’ve passed it on to the Content team for review. Hopefully they’ll have this sorted for you soon. Please be aware this could take several weeks to be reflected in the app." - Spotify Support
Marked as solution

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

@mgrayer180, Thanks for reaching out to Support and reporting this! The right team should be taking care of this 🙂

If you spot content that is incorrect or broken you're always welcome to inform the support team about it following the relevant steps from this article

I thought I'd jump in here to give a bit of clarification why a mix-up like this can happen. Sometimes songs/albums get taken down from the platform in certain regions due to copyright issues or other factors. Most of the time this content will get reuploaded back to the platform shortly, but there might be two different tracks with different metadata for the same song. So when you stream a track from the app, it will automatically try to play a version of the song which is currently available. We apologize that this is causing inconvenience, but we're taking all the user feedback and passing it on to the right teams at Spotify, who are always trying to make things better 🙂

Hope this info is helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts