Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Onkyo & Connect

Onkyo & Connect

I have an Onkyo TX-NR616. I downloaded and installed the last and recent Onkyo firmware for connection trough my Android Smartphone app. During the first day my Onkyo was in the list of Available Devices of the app and I could use Spotify perfectly through my receiver.

Now it is not in the list of devices and, naturally, and I can't use my Onkyo for listening Spotify.

Its important to me to use it, since my decision of getting a Premiun account depends on it. I am in the free 30 day test period of the Premiun acocunt.

Someone can help me? I've sent a message to Spotify support and received a answer with no specific orientation besides telling me to try to get a solution here.

I have already browsed a lot and found no problem similar to mine.

Thank you!

20 Replies

Afetr posting I received an email from Spotify support suggesting to reinstall the app.

I did it and got no result. I still have the problem.

Hope someone has a solution.

Thank you.

Hi Paulobmaorais

I have a similar problem, though not identical problem. I updated my Onkyo TX-NR515 the latest firmware of 18 December 2014 (Version 1171-6110-0500) succesfully. My Onkyo TX-NR515 still works fine, with the exception of Spotify Connect. The Spotify app on my iPad2 (iOS) does not list my TX-NR515 as a available device when I click on the Spotify Connect icon. (Other devices are listed, like my desktops. I can operate Spotify on my desktops using my iPad.) This means no more Spotify for me on my TX-NR515. I could listen to Spotify before this firmware update using my Onkyo Remote 2 app on my iPad. I have the following setup.

Onkyo TX-NR515 is connected with cable to a Switch (Sitecom). The Switch is connected with cable to a Router (ZTE H368N).

Router: KPN Experiabox (ZTE H368N, firmware V1.01.00T09.4v2)
Switch: SiteCom LN-121, v2 001, Network Giga Switch 8 port 10/100/1000 Mbps.
Cables: Cat 5e
iPad: iPad2 with iOS 8.1.2, iPad is connected through Wifi with my Router (ZTE H368N).
iPad/Spotify App: Spotify, version 2.2.0 (11 December 2014).
iPad/Onkyo App: Remote 3, version 1.1.0 (5 December 2014).

The Onkyo Remote 3 App functions without any problems with my TX-NR515.

The Onkyo TX-NR515 is visible on my Home LAN-network. The connection of the Onkyo to the network and the internet seems fine. (vTuner (internetradio) functions flawless on my TX-NR515.)

After the firmware update I have switched of and turned on my Router > Switch > Onkyo > iPad (in that order).

Does anybody have any suggestions to solve this problem?

I am very happy with both Spotify and my Onkyo, but would be sad if they stopped working together.

I have also connected the Onkyo directly to the Router (so no Switch in between). Didn't help. 

I also have a Android device with Spotify app. The same thing as with my iPad. Spotify Connect works for other devices, but not for my Onkyo.

So the problem is Spotify Connect does not recognize my Onkyo TX-NR515 with updated firmware (version 1171-6110-0500).

I finally got everything working. It seems that the solution was to turn off and unplug my Onkyo from the power outlet. After this, it started working well again and, until now, I had no more problems (just a few hours, so lets be sure before the fireworks...).

My TX-NR616 is also with the last firmware, as yours.

I have also reinstalled Spotify in my Android smartphone, according to their support sugestion.

I hope you can get a solution for your problem.

Great to hear your problem is solved. My problem isn't sadly. (I dsconnected the powerplug of my TX-NR515 and reconnected it again to no avail.) Who gave you support? Spotify or Onkyo? Through which channels?

Spotify gave me some support (not the best) through:

https://support.spotify.com/br/problems/  (Brazil)

Try that. Maybe they can say more than they said to me: "reinstall your App" (1st time) and "Try Onkyo's support" (2nd time).

Good luck and a Very Happy New Year!

Been having a similar issue and have just got it working finally!

I used my PC to enter the 'device webpage'. To do that type the Onkyo's IP address into the address bar in your web browser.

Select the Network Settings tab and turn DHCP to ON. Also make sure that you have selected NET on the Onkyo.

Hey presto! Hope this fixes things for you.

EDIT: You can change that setting through the SETUP in the NR616 as well

Thanks for the suggestion. My DHCP-settings were already turned to ON. Selecting NET didn't do the trick either.

Just wondering, is there anyone out there with a TX-NR515 who has Spotify Connect working?

Yamaha RX-V677 here and same darn exact problems. Did you ever resolve yours with the ONKYO?

Just when everything was working great and I was thinking about setting up zones around the house, I lost sound altogether theough the Onkyo NR616. It came back for a day but has since stopped working again. In addition to that the network features stopped working and it seems the front USB died as well. Having researched it seems this is a very common problem for a number of similar Onkyo products and they have even extended the warranty until 2018. So today a guy arrived from DPD to package the Onkyo and take it away for repair through a company called LetMeRepair.

I had already a problem with Onkyo loosing sound and I got success with a new firmaware that was available at the moment. But if even the USB port is not OK, there is nothing to do... I hope you get it back fast and in good conditions.

I had no more problems with my Onkyo & Connect. I am using a fixed IP for my Onkyo but sometimes it needs some minutes to be available for connection,I don't know why.

I had the latest firmware installed. Looking back at it, I think I've always had an intermitent issue with network conectivity with this unit but it wasn't until I started having 'no-sound' issues that I realised the two were connected, having done a little research.

Certain Onkyo products were built using faulty hardware which can lead to both network and/or loss of sound. This may well affect the USB ports as well, although I can't be certain.

Here is a webpage which is really good for working out if your unit is one of the defective machines. You can enter your serial number to see if you qualify for the extended warranty program. My advice to anyone who hasn't YET had any issues but has a unit that qualifies, is to send yours in for free repair as it protects you from potential future issues. They pay for shipping as well.

http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/articles/customer-care-program-119261.html

I had a problem connecting to my nr616-ae and it seemed to be caused by my media pc on my home network running spotify (it was finding this). When I closed spotify on the PC then my spotify app on the phone found the amp. Hope it helps out.

Not sure if you were able to resolve the issue by now, but if you were not...

This is how i managed to resolve on my 626:

1.  Installed the Spotify App on my laptop.

2.  Ran the app on my laptop with the spotify user id (same id on all three devices - onkyo, iphone and laptop).

3.  Was able to see the device - NR626 - on the laptop app.

4.  On the laptop, chose the NR626 device and played a song on it.

5.  In a few moments, i was able to see both the laptop and the NR626 under devices on my iPhone app.

Hope this helps...

"Select the Network Settings tab and turn DHCP to ON. Also make sure that you have selected NET on the Onkyo"... and turn on proxy mode. On my tx nr616 it's fine and i dont have this problem now.

FYI -- This worked for me ---  switching from DHCP to Fixed IP (even though I gave it the same IP). I had tried latest USB only Firmware and had tinkered with port forwarding none of which worked. Switching from DHCP to Fixed seemed to do it immediately (after hard power cycling which forced "NET" to reinitiatlize)

Found the solution for me:

Could find the devicein spotify but could not connect.

I turned off zone 1 and 2 and shutted down the reciever.

started up manuly and could connect

**bleep** YEAH (_)_):::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: D

This is what finally worked for me as well.  I couldn't get Spotify Connect to work with my Onkyo RZ800.  Ultimately I deleted and re-downloaded Spotify on the iPhone and Macbook, restarted them both, and unplugged the Onkyo receiver for a while.  After everyting started back up they started talking.

Note:  The receiver was actually showing up for me before, on both the phone and computer, they just weren't connecting, so I'm thinking unplugging the receiver was the biggest help here.

Thanks everyone.

Suggested posts