Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

BartVnl

I'm having similar problems with my TX-NR525 in combination with spotify connect on my iphone and ipad. Neither of them shows the onkyo receiver in the connect list. My TX-NR525 is in the same network and has the latest firmware.

I tried the following solutions in this thread, unfortunately they don't work in my case: 

- Exiting out of the Spotify app on my phone. (also tried logging out and back in, even tried reinstalling it)

- Unplugging my receiver, and then plugging it back in and turn it on. (also tried a factory reset).

- Once it is connected to WiFi, open the Spotify app on your phone and check the connect list. (still no onkyo showing up)

- shutting down my phone and iPad and restarting them.

- connecting my onkyo directly to the modem.

I can see the onkyo in my network, i can control the onkyo through the network with the onkyo remote app on my phone/ipad. Spotify is the only app that cannot see the receiver right now...

Any idea's? 

[edit: I have a premium account, and logged in with regular username and password)
[edit 2: also tried shutting down my modem en restarting it]

dopert3

I have the same problem.  (NR-616)

I tried to get help via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/dopert3/status/555670307709923329

But so far no luck.

I also did everything you sugested, but also no luck. It is quit enoying. I used the spotify function on a dally basis, now i play it with DLNA, but that's far from ideal.

JessicaNiels

Hi Matt! sorry to get a little offtopic here, but I noticed your menu grapics (and those pic's from people who replied), I own a Onkyo TX-NR535 and when I go to my NET feature to play spotify music, there are NO graphics, just play white text in black background, no pictures just raw cheap white test. And I also did opdate the firmware.

I hope it is not permanent! :D 

thanks!

Lightah

Same problem with NR616. 2 out of 3 times it doesn't appear in the connect list. Sometimes when I connect a phone to a laptop the onkyo suddenly appears and then I can select it. But without some kind of magic trigger it doesn't work.

IlovePanCakes
Gig Goer

Hi all,

I just bought an Onkyo TX8050. Does Spotify Connect work on this receiver?? Looked all around the internet but unsure if it will.....

Really really hope so!

Could anybody please let me know??

Thanks 

bendibbes

Same problem here with the NR-616

Is there anyway to check that the receiver has actually logged in?

whotookCSR

Thanks for all the work you guys did.  I had the same problems with a new TX-NR626 (old model but great price on Amazon and perfect if it all works out).  Went through all your steps and still could not see my receiver on the spotify ap.  Ultimately unplugged the receiver and my router and rebooted everything.  Everyone's playing nicely together now.  

nizzleaz
Music Fan

Hey dude - Is this still working on your ONKYO?  Please post if it happens again.  My Yamaha RX-V677 will not show up as an available device...

IlovePanCakes
Gig Goer
Hi all,

I'm using a different setup now, I bought a blue sound system to stream my audio via my Onkyo receiver and everything is working like a charm....so for me its solved, hope for you guys it should work out! Good luck!

nizzleaz
Music Fan

So if I am reading this correctly, your solution to SPOTIFY CONNECT not working was to completely abandon it and go with a new sound system called "blue sound" instead?  You perhaps are using Pandora now or satellite radio or some other alternative so you no longer have to deal with Spotifail Failnect?

SUGGESTED POSTS