Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

Solved!

Re: Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

jackfrost7824

It seems the only way to remedy this issue is to purchase the "Onkyo UWF-1 Wireless LAN Adapter" in order to play your Spotify music which is quite bothering but upon doing some research on this issue as I have tried several times until I purchased it myself. Now it works smoothly without any problems which is quite ridiculous as it's on the same internet network even with an ethernet connection but for some reason when it is connected that way, Spotify cannot detect the device unless it's on the same frequency. I believe that to be an issue with the Onkyo software or the way the receiver was configured. Hope that it something that Onkyo would be able to remedy in the near future as I really enjoy my Onkyo TX-NR525. Hope that helps to clarify some of those issues that everyone has been having. Thanks

UWF1-avr.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

tspitzer
Regular

Really appreciate the reply.

I've got the Onkyo adapter on one of my TX-NR515s, and I have the other one connected to a wired network. They both work with Spotify sometimes, and sometimes they don't. I also have multiple android phones, and sometimes one will work and another won't. It all seems rather random. 

I also bought a couple of those Google Chromecast devices and plug them into receivers and TVs. Spotify works with them very reliably. The only problem with them is that my receiver's Zone 2 does not work with HDMI inputs. The workaround to that is to route the audio through the TV, and set the receiver and TV so that the sound goes back from the TV to receiver, then play the TV/CD setting on Zone 2 :) . Very Rube Goldberg-ish.

The bottom line for me is that if I buy enough gadgets I can always get something to work for me. 

Thanks again. 

frede111
Casual Listener

Got same problem - can find the device but wont connect -.-  

If it wont work no spotify for me

Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable
Hello everyone. I found this topic having the same problem. I have the TX-NR414 with wifi adapter and I think I found the solution.

My problem first was that even though the receiver was found by my Spotify app it would not connect. But then the Onkyo receiver will even disappear from the Spotify app.

To solve this I used a laptop to connect to the web configuration interface of the receiver (simply open your browser and go to the IP assigned to your receiver) and changed the name in the network by removing any special character, specifically I removed the hyphen so I went from TX-414 to TX414. Avoid special characters and spaces. Also make sure you are using DHCP.
This made the trick for me.

Edited: to make it more clear to understand.

noggin72

luigidelgado1

You are a GENIUS!

My NR-616 had the Friendly Name of "TX-NR616", editing this to "TXNR616"  (i.e. removing the hyphen/minus sign) and clicking SAVE and the Amp instantly appeared in the Devices list on my iOS Spotify app.  

Yaza
Casual Listener

I was struggeling with my Onkyo TX-NR616 for over a year. It only worked when I switched the Onkyo from DHCP to manual, save and then switch back again to DHCP

However, after installing this [1] update on my Apple Airport all the problems dissapeared.

[1] https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1880?locale=en_US

Highlighted

adach75
Casual Listener

Hello, all!

I have the same problem with my Onkyo TX-8050 connected to router via ethernet cable. It is not appear in device list on PC and Android. Both can see each other in device list. Onboard Onkyo client works perfect, I can navigate and play music.

What is done:

1. last onkyo firmware installed 

2. Reset done for onkyo and router.

3. dhcp option was set off and on.

4. Friendly name of Onkyo was changed to TX8050.

I do not have Onkyo WiFi adapter and no way to borrow it. 

What can I do else to be able to control my amp using PC or android application?!

I would appreciate for your suggestions!

leletag
Regular
Help : i have the same problem, Onkyo C-N7050 and the device is not on spotify list....aaaaarrrrggghh ! the cn is wired connect on the router, maybe with wifi dongle it run ?

user-removed
Not applicable
Have you tried my solution mentioned above?

leletag
Regular
yes but it not appear!
SUGGESTED POSTS