Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

Solved!

Re: Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

M-Y
Casual Listener

The phone app e.g. Onkyo Controller and Spotify will work simultaneously- Controller shows the art and volume, however the search and the rest of the controls are on the Spotify screen. To anable your receiver you'd need to go to Settings...Spotify....Devices...Connect To Device. Spotify shows your device (Onkyo) and if you're a Premium user it can be clicked/switched to. Otherwise only your phone is highlighted and the receiver is only listed.

Screenshot_20161203-040341.png

Jaras26
Casual Listener
Onkyo Controller app doesn't support my receiver tx-nr5010.. in Spotify app the device is listed but i cannot connect.. when i go to setup/devices and try to tap the onkyo nothing happend.. it is "connecting.." (laczenie in PL language) and nothing else..
IMG_8630.PNG
Highlighted

M-Y
Casual Listener
I had to open premium account to do that. Some web sites list the receivers supporting the feature.

Jaras26
Casual Listener
Of course that i have the premium account... still doesn't work for me :(

Yaza
Casual Listener
In the mean time, I have bought a google chromecast for 35 euro and
attached that to my Onkyo. Works like a charm.

Yaza
Casual Listener
In the mean time, I have bought a google chromecast for 35 euro and
attached that to my Onkyo. Works like a charm.

kondorp
Many, many, many thanks for the hint. It worked. I had the problem since some months. Thanks again!
Solution!

Tombo1980

The solution that

luigidelgado1

posted worked for me. TX-NR636. Changed the Name to TXNR636 under the IP of the Onkyo Receiver and in the Router Menu (FritzBox). DHCP was on. Bevore that I already did a Reset of the Onkyo and Firmware update. Also reinstalled the app on the ipohne. Which was without sucess. But the renaming solved it!

Thanks man!

Tecko
Music Fan

I have Onkyo NR 636. I use desktop spotify. It is not showwing connection list. If I reboot the pc it is visable again. How to solve this? Every time rebooting is iiritating.

The onkyo receiver is in my network list so it is connected. Why can't I see the connection in the list?

Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable
Again: check that your device has only alfanumeric characters (A-z & 0-9)
SUGGESTED POSTS