Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

Solved!

Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

Jskewl
Regular

Hi there,

I have an Onlyo NR-616 with the latest firmware, when I open Spotify Connect on my mobile device (Samsung S3) my Onkyo reciever is not listed. How can I remedy this?

Thanks in advance

Jevon

6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable
Hello everyone. I found this topic having the same problem. I have the TX-NR414 with wifi adapter and I think I found the solution.

My problem first was that even though the receiver was found by my Spotify app it would not connect. But then the Onkyo receiver will even disappear from the Spotify app.

To solve this I used a laptop to connect to the web configuration interface of the receiver (simply open your browser and go to the IP assigned to your receiver) and changed the name in the network by removing any special character, specifically I removed the hyphen so I went from TX-414 to TX414. Avoid special characters and spaces. Also make sure you are using DHCP.
This made the trick for me.

Edited: to make it more clear to understand.

View solution in original post

Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable
Hi if you check I posted a solution before. If that does not work let us
know.

Solution!

Tombo1980

The solution that

luigidelgado1

posted worked for me. TX-NR636. Changed the Name to TXNR636 under the IP of the Onkyo Receiver and in the Router Menu (FritzBox). DHCP was on. Bevore that I already did a Reset of the Onkyo and Firmware update. Also reinstalled the app on the ipohne. Which was without sucess. But the renaming solved it!

Thanks man!

Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable
Again: check that your device has only alfanumeric characters (A-z & 0-9)

Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable
Great to know it worked. The most incredible part is that after years Onkyo
has done nothing to solve this.

Somehow I see ANOTHER older post here marked as solution.

So please to you and everyone that found the solution to work: To help
others please mark the solution that worked for you clicking on "ACCEPT AS
SOLUTION".

Solution!

asa214

I have Integra 20.4 have problem.

Use browser open the device IP.

Change the Friendly Name from "DTR-20.4"  to "DTR20.4"

It is work !!!!!

Bravo!!

90 Replies

benjaminglauss

Hey there,

I tried this solution, however it did not help with my TX-NR616.

It shows up as "TXNR616" in my various Apps (Phone/Laptop/...) but whenever I try to connect, it's name becomes grey in the showing "Connectiong..." and after a few seconds it's available showing "Spotify Connect" - so no connection possible.

Anyone else with this problem?

kUcHilla

It works with Onkyo TX-NR616

I had to install last firmware update and the Spotify App that previously asks you about your spotify account now it works as Spotify Connect device.

I'm using compatible TP-Link USB wifi device.

Firmware: http://www.es.onkyo.com/es/articulo/actualizacion-del-firmware-para-el-tx-nr616-24-09-2015-81063.htm...

Captura.JPG

JeeDubbelYou
Casual Listener

I have found a very reasonable solution that works both on Android and IoS.

I bought a Gramofon and connected it to my ONKYO TX8050 with a optical cable.

Works flawless ! 65,- euro solution for my android and Ipad 😉

As a premium member of spotify I almost quit my contract because this is really very very bad service not supporting excisiting systems without any warning or legitime reason.
Spotify: DONT DO THIS AGAIN OR LOSE MORE CLIENTS

My new Apple TV waits for this moment..

https://gramofon.com/index.html

JeeDubbelYou
Casual Listener

Correction, the output is not fibreoptic but analog.

Tecko
Music Fan

I have Onkyo NR 636. I use desktop spotify. It is not showwing connection list. If I reboot the pc it is visable again. How to solve this? Every time rebooting is iiritating.

The onkyo receiver is in my network list so it is connected. Why can't I see the connection in the list?

Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable
Again: check that your device has only alfanumeric characters (A-z & 0-9)

Tecko
Music Fan

Does not work for me. And why it was working before? Something changed in a update from spotify I think.

Tecko
Music Fan

When I start up from my phone the onkyo becomes visable on the desktop app. So I think the desktop version has a bug. Because everything works whell on my phone.

tspitzer
Regular

It has been working pretty well for me lately from both PC and phone. It seems to me that they've got the issues ironed out. I really like the fact that when I come home from work the state of the application reflects where I left off at work. 

Tecko
Music Fan

For me it stil does not work. Verry enouying to pay premium and not able to use device connect. 

What kind of solutions did you use tspitzer?

tspitzer
Regular
Upgraded my receivers. Now using an Onkyo TX-NR646
and a Yamaha RX-A760
Spotify works amazingly well with the Yamaha, it will even turn the
receiver on if it is off and I want to play Spotify on it.

In replying to you, I wanted to be sure I wasn't speaking out of school, as
it were. So I tested the desktop and mobile apps, and of course, the Onkyo
receiver did not initially appear in the device list. I shut off the Onkyo
receiver, and shut off the power from the strip for a few seconds. Then I
re-enabled the power, turned on the receiver, and tried again. At this
point, the Onkyo receiver appeared in Spotify's device list and I could
send the music stream to it. So you might try a cold power cycle when you
have the problem.

The Spotify connection is clearly a lot more brittle on Onkyo than on some
other brands of receivers.

Tecko
Music Fan

I tried the power option, does not work. I think it is the desktop app because on my android phone everything works fine. And when I start playing my android app it starts on my desktop app.

user-removed
Not applicable

If you have removed special characters and spaces from the name of the device, your issue has to do with something else. Maybe your network or you PC firewall. As you say if it was working before, check for recent security updates in your PC or changes in your network or security configuration.

Since I posted my solution I have not had any issues with PCs or mobile phoes what so ever.

Tecko
Music Fan

Thx I think it has something to do with an update in the desktop app.

After the latest update spotify starts up with windows. I put in settings to no and removerd it from start up. 

Should I create a new topic for this or are this bugs related? I start to dislike spotify with this error. and everything worked fine before.

Tecko
Music Fan

I think I found it. It was not working because of VPN connection. That what was change in the network.

Solution!

Tombo1980

The solution that

luigidelgado1

posted worked for me. TX-NR636. Changed the Name to TXNR636 under the IP of the Onkyo Receiver and in the Router Menu (FritzBox). DHCP was on. Bevore that I already did a Reset of the Onkyo and Firmware update. Also reinstalled the app on the ipohne. Which was without sucess. But the renaming solved it!

Thanks man!

Tito7
Regular

I have a tx-nr1030 and it won't show in my spotify app even though i changed the display name to txnr1030 and I have spotty premium.  Please help.

Paultjes53
Casual Listener
Spotify has limited its support to a certain nummer of Onkyo receivers. Solution: buy a Chromecast Audio device, connect it to your receiver, connect it to your wifi and use it together with the Onkyo app.

rajackar
Regular

That's not really a solution. I have a tx 414 and since I moved I can no longer connect using Spotify connect. It's really annoying since I paid for it and have a premium subscription so I expect it to work. 

M-Y
Casual Listener

The phone app e.g. Onkyo Controller and Spotify will work simultaneously- Controller shows the art and volume, however the search and the rest of the controls are on the Spotify screen. To anable your receiver you'd need to go to Settings...Spotify....Devices...Connect To Device. Spotify shows your device (Onkyo) and if you're a Premium user it can be clicked/switched to. Otherwise only your phone is highlighted and the receiver is only listed.

Screenshot_20161203-040341.png
SUGGESTED POSTS