Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

Solved!

Re: Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

Tecko
Music Fan

Does not work for me. And why it was working before? Something changed in a update from spotify I think.

Tecko
Music Fan

When I start up from my phone the onkyo becomes visable on the desktop app. So I think the desktop version has a bug. Because everything works whell on my phone.

tspitzer
Regular

It has been working pretty well for me lately from both PC and phone. It seems to me that they've got the issues ironed out. I really like the fact that when I come home from work the state of the application reflects where I left off at work. 

Tecko
Music Fan

For me it stil does not work. Verry enouying to pay premium and not able to use device connect. 

What kind of solutions did you use tspitzer?

tspitzer
Regular
Upgraded my receivers. Now using an Onkyo TX-NR646
and a Yamaha RX-A760
Spotify works amazingly well with the Yamaha, it will even turn the
receiver on if it is off and I want to play Spotify on it.

In replying to you, I wanted to be sure I wasn't speaking out of school, as
it were. So I tested the desktop and mobile apps, and of course, the Onkyo
receiver did not initially appear in the device list. I shut off the Onkyo
receiver, and shut off the power from the strip for a few seconds. Then I
re-enabled the power, turned on the receiver, and tried again. At this
point, the Onkyo receiver appeared in Spotify's device list and I could
send the music stream to it. So you might try a cold power cycle when you
have the problem.

The Spotify connection is clearly a lot more brittle on Onkyo than on some
other brands of receivers.

Tecko
Music Fan

I tried the power option, does not work. I think it is the desktop app because on my android phone everything works fine. And when I start playing my android app it starts on my desktop app.

user-removed
Not applicable

If you have removed special characters and spaces from the name of the device, your issue has to do with something else. Maybe your network or you PC firewall. As you say if it was working before, check for recent security updates in your PC or changes in your network or security configuration.

Since I posted my solution I have not had any issues with PCs or mobile phoes what so ever.

Highlighted

Tecko
Music Fan

Thx I think it has something to do with an update in the desktop app.

After the latest update spotify starts up with windows. I put in settings to no and removerd it from start up. 

Should I create a new topic for this or are this bugs related? I start to dislike spotify with this error. and everything worked fine before.

Tecko
Music Fan

I think I found it. It was not working because of VPN connection. That what was change in the network.

sebastianbehrle

Luigi, being the owner of a 626, your solution worked for me! Just changed the 626 to a 636.
You are a genius, thanks / as I listen much to Spotify, Spotify Connect has improved my music experience a lot. It works smooth, with no interruptions and with better sound quality compared to the Bluetooth connection I used before.

SUGGESTED POSTS