Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

Solved!

Re: Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

skulli
Casual Listener

In my case the NR636 is showing in the list and until like 1-2 weeks ago, it was working just fine. By now i cannot connect to it anymore (tried it via iphone and desktop).

Latest firmware is installed. The log on the desktop

16:01:54.006 D [gaia_manager.cpp:1170           ] GAIA: TIMING(37996885) GaiaManager::sendHelloHelper
16:01:57.008 D [gaia_manager.cpp:1186           ] GAIA: GaiaManager::hermesDeviceCheck
16:03:15.436 D [gaia_manager.cpp:655            ] GAIA: TIMING(38078316) GaiaManager::playCurrentStateRemote (connect:AVR:::LOGGED_IN) mdns:SpotifyConnect._spotify-connect._tcp.local
16:03:15.436 D [gaia_connect_impl_v1.cpp:332    ] GAIA: TIMING(38078316) GaiaConnectImpl_V1::forceLogin
16:03:15.436 D [gaia_connect_impl_v1.cpp:303    ] GAIA: TIMING(38078316) GaiaConnectImpl_V1::loginUser
16:03:20.527 D [gaia_connect_impl_v1.cpp:128    ] GAIA: TIMING(38083407) GaiaConnectImpl_V1::onResult (empty JSON), retrying
16:03:20.527 D [gaia_connect_impl_v1.cpp:303    ] GAIA: TIMING(38083407) GaiaConnectImpl_V1::loginUser
16:03:25.571 D [gaia_connect_impl_v1.cpp:81     ] GAIA: GaiaConnectImpl_V1::requestFailed: cmd=1, device=mdns:SpotifyConnect._spotify-connect._tcp.local, error=3
16:03:25.571 D [gaia_manager.cpp:2004           ] GAIA: GaiaManager::deviceLoginFailed: mdns:SpotifyConnect._spotify-connect._tcp.local (pending 1)

Rjoandel

Thanks a lot, removing the hyphen in the friendly name of my onkyo tx-nr515 did the trick, I can now see the device in the spotify android app

MrDaber1980
Casual Listener

Hi there. Lately I have the same problem with spotify connect on my Onkyo TX-RZ900. It was working fine for few months and now it doesn't. I cannot find reason for this. Any help will be appreciated. Cheers

Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable
Hi if you check I posted a solution before. If that does not work let us
know.

MrDaber1980
Casual Listener

Hello.

I did tried changing the name in the network but using receiver's menu only. Do you think that logging with a browser will do the trick? I'm gonna try later and let you know.

user-removed
Not applicable
Ok.let us know.

MrDaber1980
Casual Listener

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. DLNA works, Spotify not. 

Jaras26
Casual Listener

Same here. My receiver is Onkyo TX-NR5010. It is visible on the list but cannot connect. I changed the name and removed hyphen..

Crosnewc7
I have the txnr838 and I have the same problem . amp has the latest spotify update and shows the same screen message . I have done the usual switch off switch back on log out log in on spotify but to be honest this happens every time I try to play spotify on the onkyo ? This has become a major problem and using Bluetooth there is a problem where I sometimes can't connect too !

MrDaber1980
Casual Listener
Actually it started to work fine here after some time. I logged on my
receiver with browser and after like a day it was working.
SUGGESTED POSTS