Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

Solved!

Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

Jskewl
Regular

Hi there,

I have an Onlyo NR-616 with the latest firmware, when I open Spotify Connect on my mobile device (Samsung S3) my Onkyo reciever is not listed. How can I remedy this?

Thanks in advance

Jevon

6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable
Hello everyone. I found this topic having the same problem. I have the TX-NR414 with wifi adapter and I think I found the solution.

My problem first was that even though the receiver was found by my Spotify app it would not connect. But then the Onkyo receiver will even disappear from the Spotify app.

To solve this I used a laptop to connect to the web configuration interface of the receiver (simply open your browser and go to the IP assigned to your receiver) and changed the name in the network by removing any special character, specifically I removed the hyphen so I went from TX-414 to TX414. Avoid special characters and spaces. Also make sure you are using DHCP.
This made the trick for me.

Edited: to make it more clear to understand.

View solution in original post

Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable
Hi if you check I posted a solution before. If that does not work let us
know.

Solution!

Tombo1980

The solution that

luigidelgado1

posted worked for me. TX-NR636. Changed the Name to TXNR636 under the IP of the Onkyo Receiver and in the Router Menu (FritzBox). DHCP was on. Bevore that I already did a Reset of the Onkyo and Firmware update. Also reinstalled the app on the ipohne. Which was without sucess. But the renaming solved it!

Thanks man!

Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable
Again: check that your device has only alfanumeric characters (A-z & 0-9)

Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable
Great to know it worked. The most incredible part is that after years Onkyo
has done nothing to solve this.

Somehow I see ANOTHER older post here marked as solution.

So please to you and everyone that found the solution to work: To help
others please mark the solution that worked for you clicking on "ACCEPT AS
SOLUTION".

Solution!

asa214

I have Integra 20.4 have problem.

Use browser open the device IP.

Change the Friendly Name from "DTR-20.4"  to "DTR20.4"

It is work !!!!!

Bravo!!

90 Replies

Jaras26
Casual Listener
Onkyo Controller app doesn't support my receiver tx-nr5010.. in Spotify app the device is listed but i cannot connect.. when i go to setup/devices and try to tap the onkyo nothing happend.. it is "connecting.." (laczenie in PL language) and nothing else..
IMG_8630.PNG

M-Y
Casual Listener
I had to open premium account to do that. Some web sites list the receivers supporting the feature.

Jaras26
Casual Listener
Of course that i have the premium account... still doesn't work for me 😞

Yaza
Casual Listener
In the mean time, I have bought a google chromecast for 35 euro and
attached that to my Onkyo. Works like a charm.

Yaza
Casual Listener
In the mean time, I have bought a google chromecast for 35 euro and
attached that to my Onkyo. Works like a charm.

Yaza
Casual Listener

I was struggeling with my Onkyo TX-NR616 for over a year. It only worked when I switched the Onkyo from DHCP to manual, save and then switch back again to DHCP

However, after installing this [1] update on my Apple Airport all the problems dissapeared.

[1] https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1880?locale=en_US

adach75
Casual Listener

Hello, all!

I have the same problem with my Onkyo TX-8050 connected to router via ethernet cable. It is not appear in device list on PC and Android. Both can see each other in device list. Onboard Onkyo client works perfect, I can navigate and play music.

What is done:

1. last onkyo firmware installed 

2. Reset done for onkyo and router.

3. dhcp option was set off and on.

4. Friendly name of Onkyo was changed to TX8050.

I do not have Onkyo WiFi adapter and no way to borrow it. 

What can I do else to be able to control my amp using PC or android application?!

I would appreciate for your suggestions!

Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable
Hello everyone. I found this topic having the same problem. I have the TX-NR414 with wifi adapter and I think I found the solution.

My problem first was that even though the receiver was found by my Spotify app it would not connect. But then the Onkyo receiver will even disappear from the Spotify app.

To solve this I used a laptop to connect to the web configuration interface of the receiver (simply open your browser and go to the IP assigned to your receiver) and changed the name in the network by removing any special character, specifically I removed the hyphen so I went from TX-414 to TX414. Avoid special characters and spaces. Also make sure you are using DHCP.
This made the trick for me.

Edited: to make it more clear to understand.

kenwin67
Casual Listener

This is so f*cking amazing that Onkyo hasn't spread this solution since it works like a charm!
I got an Onkyo TX-NR646 where Spotify Connect hasn't worked since the latest firmware update (in 2017)...but when I followed your advice not using anything but letters/numbers in the nickname setting under networks, everything worked lika a charm. Changed from TX-NR646 to TXNR646...you're a true hero, THANX 🙂

kenwin67
Casual Listener

For your info I've mailed Onkyo support in Europe accordingly:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title:
Spotify Connect not working on Onkyo home cinema receivers with wifi...SOLUTION!

Question:
Just wanted to help other fellow citizens with the Spotify Connect issue, where the Onkyo receiver does not show up in the list of units or doesn't play (applies both android and desktop Spotify versions).
According to the user "luigidelgado1" @ the Spotify forum community, you should not use anything but letters/numbers in the nickname setting under networks, doing that I can now use Spotify Connect without any issues.
What I did was changing the nick name from TX-NR646 to TXNR646!
Must say "shame on you" not supporting this to everyone since this has damaged the Onkyo brand among your faithful customers 😞
Please fix/support this to other customers (seems to apply to all of your latest wifi receivers with Spotify Connect functionality) as soon as possible because I've suffered from this issue for 6 months now and even considered changing to another home cinema receiver brand due to this...thanks to "luigidelgado1" @ the Spotify forum community, I'm now a happy customer again, unfortunately not thanks to you...learn from this and protect your brand from now on, because besides this issue you got great products!

Link to the forum:
https://community.spotify.com/spotify/board/message?board.id=002&message.id=25090#M25090

Regards
Ken Win
Onkyo TX-NR646 user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user-removed
Not applicable

What makes it more incredible is that I posted the solution to the problem almost 3 years ago. 

... and they are the experts.

tapakip

Great solution, thanks!  I could not change the machine name on my TX-NR515, but you can change the Friendly name.  It was simply set to Onkyo, and I changed it to Onkyo Stereo and hit Save, and then it showed up.  I think it has to do with refreshing the network information somehow.  

Joelt72

How do you log in when you hit that IP address? 

I specifically am getting a user/pass set of fields.

sebastianbehrle

Luigi, being the owner of a 626, your solution worked for me! Just changed the 626 to a 636.
You are a genius, thanks / as I listen much to Spotify, Spotify Connect has improved my music experience a lot. It works smooth, with no interruptions and with better sound quality compared to the Bluetooth connection I used before.

user-removed
Not applicable

SOLUTION".

Tecko
Music Fan

I have still no solution. When I power on my receiver first and than the pc I have no problem. Do I power on the pc first I have to reboot. The function connection list has to work in premium service that is the improtand reasson for me to pay for sportify. I really hate it that it is not working properly.

Not one of the above sollutions did work for me so I hope it will be fixed soon. Otherwise I end my payment, I think

user-removed
Not applicable
I think your problem may not be related to this issue.

Tecko
Music Fan

I did a clean install for Windows 10. Problem solved now. No idea what the problem was.

Paultjes53
Casual Listener

Look at this message from Spotify:

'As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, the Spotify app will be removed from Onkyo speakers on July 19th 2017. For more information, and for other ways to stream to your speakers'.

So as of this date Spotify doesn't support a large number of Onkyo receivers, i.e. TX- 8050.

I solved this problem by buying Google Chromcast Audio, connected it with a optical cable to the optical Game port, connected Chromecast to my WIFI with the Google Home app (Android). Now I can use my Premium subscription with my Onkyo. My cellphone is the remote controller of the Spotify app. Works great!

patochicurex

Paul, the sound is analog or digital?

Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable

SOLUTION".

SUGGESTED POSTS