Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Oooops, something went wrong. Reload for Windows, Spotify webplayer

Oooops, something went wrong. Reload for Windows, Spotify webplayer

Today an error appeared on my version of Spotify webplayer, I logged in and then automatically a problem appeared saying I needed to reload the webplayer.

I did this and I'm still having problems, can't listen to anything on Spotify Webplayer. The site just keeps saying I need to reload and the songs keep skipping and never playing anything.

Please help! I have a colleague with the same problem and he has his for a week now.

3 Replies

Hey @evaPT! 🙂

I had this problem too. Here's how I solved it. You'll need admin rights, though.
Conclusively, sometimes (I really don't know, why) the hosts file gets Spotify-related entries where addresses are redirected to void, resulting that the web application cannot connect to the servers.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi SebastVAIO,

First of all thank you for your quick reply.

I did has you said by my host file doesn't have anything in it, only a block of comments 😞

Got to keep looking for a solution...

@evaPT
Oh well... I can say it's a know issue - here's the link to the issue.

Posted by a Chrome user... But I am not entirely sure if it is browser-specific after all. Updates will be posted there. Your information (specs, etc) on that issue is also welcome!

I think that Internet Explorer and Edge both redirect to play.spotify.com, the older flash-based player. If they do, then that is likely working.
Before I solved my own issue with the open.spotify player, I had installed a little user-agent switcher for Firefox, where I switch to IE or Edge (also in my case Firefox, ironically) and I got to use the older player.

On Firefox, in about:preferences#content is a checkbox for DRM content. It must be allowed to play DRM content. So if you use Firefox, then that's another point to look at, possibly. on Chrome it's natively allowed by default.

There isn't much I could suggest, but the Issue link could offer some new solutions, if anyone has posted any. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts