Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Other] How do i report an issue with the spotify community website and kudos system?

Solved!

[Other] How do i report an issue with the spotify community website and kudos system?

There's quite serious issue with the spotify community website and that's to do with kudos per year:

When folks search for an issue they have with spotify, they most likely do it with google or similar search engine. They land on a spotify community page, vote for the issue and leave.

The problem is that most likely this problem page they landed on was closed years ago, but still spotify allows people to vote for it. None of these votes are counted.

For example "repeating song radio" has gotten over 600 votes, but they are all in closed threads. Link to the thread in question: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Prevent-Repeats-in-Radio/idi-p/65779

If 600 votes is not enough, i don't know how else this kudos thing is supposed to work.

And i have no idea where to post this issue, there are no contact options for bugs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

We've also stopped the voting on the old idea and we've added the votes added after the closing to the new idea.

Hope this helps!
ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

So in order to fix this, spotify should direct all votes in a closed thread to count towards the newest repost in the chain. Or prevent users from voting the old ones and explain to go to the newest repost to vote.

Problems like useless song radio are kind of big problems even if 95% of users don't bother reporting it. They just don't use the feature after a while.

Hey there @donutti,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and report this to us.

We've forwarded your concern to the right team here and we're working on solving this.

We've also edited the status of the idea that you're linking to make it clear that users can leave their +Votes on the new idea.

Thanks for flagging this. Have a great day!

ElenaModerator

Could you please move the kudos points from the old post to the new one? Or are they lost forever? They will keep coming to that post which you guys ignore.

One big issue is that people will not read directions to navigate for the correct voting thread if they can vote in the old one as well. I think editing the status of the old message won't have any effect.
Marked as solution

Hey!

We've also stopped the voting on the old idea and we've added the votes added after the closing to the new idea.

Hope this helps!
ElenaModerator

Suggested posts