Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Other Platform][Partnerships] Playstation Music Needs Social

[Other Platform][Partnerships] Playstation Music Needs Social

I didn't see anyone else posting anything about the Playstation Music app, but I had a couple suggestions for the app while I was looking at it earlier. Playstation has said that they want to be "more ubiquitous" and essentially be the center of the living room, and Spotify has made notable contributions to that with a lot of features they've rolled out like the ability to switch between devices with ease. Spotify knows that social is the future, and being connected is a key point to being a successful business in today's society. That being said, I felt that the collaboration with Playstation on Playstation Music, while very cool and very well designed, is way too limited. 

FEATURES TO ADD:

• Recent Activity: Being able to see what your friends are playing. Sometimes this is a lot more reliable than new music playlists because I already know that my friends will have relatively similar tastes to mine. 
  • Radio: While every radio app has its problems, this is another easy way to find new music. And I don't have to worry about queueing up a new playlist, I can just listen to a song and find similar ones to it. 
  • Social Sharing: Sometimes I find a song and immediately want to share it with a friend. This is easy on the Spotify app, but not so much on Playstation Music. 
  • Lyrics: This was a great addition to the desktop app! Load that up on a tv screen, karaoke your heart out; it would be a hit at parties. 
  • Search History: It's kind of annoying to have to retype artists' names every time I want to look up a single song. A list of recently searched queries would be nice.

That's all I can think of for now. The lack of a social feature was the thing that most bugged me. You guys have a pretty good design team it seems like, so you probably already know what it needs. But I thought I would put in my two cents.

4 Replies

[Update] Another feature would be suggested queries based on what you've typed in. I was looking for MØ's new music and Playstation doesn't have Ø in their typekit. It makes it impossible to find the artist

Hey there!
Thanks alot for this great feedback!

However, since your topic contains so many ideas / things to improve I've moved it over here in the help section so we can have a general feedback topic over here. The ideas exchange can only work with 1 feature request per topic. I know you can summarize them all under "social" but they still need to be separated otherwise it's quite impossible to manage the received kudos / status of the topic and give it proper updates.

So if you still want to add your ideas (and still have time), please add the things you want to see separately with a short description to why and if possible with a [Sony] in front of the title. For example:

• [Sony] Add Friends feed to the Playstation App
  • [Sony] Radio feature for the Playstation App

...etc. That would be awesome, thanks again! 😉

I guess I'm a little confused as to what you're saying. So I need to repost in this forum a separate post for each feature, giving a short explanation to what it is and why it's important?

@austinaryan94 wrote:
I guess I'm a little confused as to what you're saying. So I need to repost in this forum a separate post for each feature, giving a short explanation to what it is and why it's important?

Well, of course it's up to you what you write or not! The important part is that it's only 1 feature request per ideas topic, otherwise it's hard to update the topics with news for the Spotify staff. It's best to keep them in separate topics. 😉

Example from your requests:

Title: [Sony] Add radio feature to Playstation App

Description: While every radio app has its problems, this is another easy way to find new music. And I don't have to worry about queueing up a new playlist, I can just listen to a song and find similar ones to it. 

I hope that makes sense for you. It's just easier to manage for the forum admins and better for the users than a big topic with multiple requests in one. 🙂

Suggested posts