Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Overall Spotify is terrible

Solved!

Overall Spotify is terrible

Okay, it took me forever to get even get to this point which I highly doubt if Spotify will read this. 

For one, there is no easy way to contact or give new advice or ideas. I spent 20 mins trying to figure it out. Make it easier to contact you!

2nd, the radio sucks. They keep play the exact smae songs over and over again just like the real radio. Even when I base the radio on different songs and geners. You have EDM music playing on Alternative. Now how does that make sesne?  Pandora was so much better with their radio. You would always find new music and be able to explore new geners with no problem. 

Spotify should make it easier to find songs, they should suggest songs, improve the freaking cell phone app already. The cell phone app is also terrible. (I'm a computer major, I should know) They haven't changed a thing. You can't put the songs in any kind of order whihc makes it really difficult to find any songs. It is slow and just a waste. Spotify should really make their program more simliar to itunes since they did such a good job and model their radio after Pandora. 

I am so close to canceling my subscription since they haven't done a thing to improve spotify at all. I rather go with aother comany or back to downloading more music. I am a frustrated customer and I would recomend anything else besides Spotify since they don't even make it worth buying the subcription each month. 

21 Replies

Yeah, i'm cancelling my subscription. There is absolutly no variety, except the same songs being replayed over and over. It's almost worse than radio. I'm appalled at how much they charge, for such a little database of songs. I'd say 4/10 songs it dosen't have, and the music web player is designed so horribly it actually makes me laugh. Don't bother paying these guys, youtube has ALL the music they have, and more. Or download stream links, or torrent the new songs. Spotify will go under in a few years, watch their 1/4 projections, it's going to funny. 

I came here to agree. Overall, Spotify is terrible. I'm always looking into other streaming apps, as it's been obvious since day 1 that Spotify customer support is non-existant. I don't even think I've seen someone offically represent Spotify on even their own forums. Which is crazy.

I still use them simply because I'm used to it. I still swear at the app, and the PC program, every, single, day. But, I haven't yet found something to replace it.

Good luck guys. Spotify is trash.

Suggested posts