PIONEER N-50A

Re: PIONEER N50A

schmidji19
Roadie

Great thanks, I will share mine here when I am home tonite.

In the meantime I already got a ticket number from Pioneer - you have to go over the hotline not the service center request ...

I also contacted the dealer who sold me the device - that one I am not sure but I try out all options here ;) Thx

schmidji19
Roadie

My S/N: OJIV001021ER. Manufactured OCT 2015.

Got now a ticket number by Pioneer hotline.

20180317_103233.jpg

schmidji19
Roadie

Hey all,

Since I am rahter new in this community how do I have to proceed to get a statement from Spotify regarding my issue? Mean: we can disucss this through for weeks or months and I don't get really a help at the end. Spotify pleeese some news from your side?

Re: PIONEER N-50A

Hikoki1
Regular

Hi guys. Hi about using the Pioneer as high-quality DAC for a Chromecast Audio which has an optical out. Wouldnt this be a feasible workaround? There shouldnt be a difference in sound quality,imo.

schmidji19
Roadie

Hey,

Thanks for the proposal, I also was thinking about this approach but already occupied all the digitial inputs available on the N-50A. I'd prefer to keep the setup as it is since I bought this machine exactly for that reason and Spotify is nicely (was niceley) integrated into it in a seamless way. Apart of that I agree on the sound quality of this engine, just fantastic - so I am a bit in front of an unresolvable problem.

I think about changing the brand and go with a Cambridge CXN v2 or 851 Azure, any feedbacks on those ones?

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm thinking of the same possibility.

Cambridge Audio 851N/CXN, Marantz ND8006 (although you do not need a new cd player) and even a pioneer N-50/70AE that features built-in chromecast.

I also think about adding a new HT Receiver to the system, because besides having all the current services of streaming, I still open the possibility of reassembling a multichannel/home theater setup.

All current receivers have streaming services.

But spotify needed to speak out and help with this problem.
Saying that "service support is gone" is far from ideal...

Highlighted

schmidji19
Roadie

Thanks for your support, I think we all agree on this.

I was looking a bit into Chromecast, two devices exist the Chromecast2 and the Chromecast Audio. I rather would take the fully fledged Chromecast2 outputting HDMI and then add a HDMI/SPDIF splitter as I already use one for other purpose. I run a beamer (both HDMI inputs occupied) and also have all digital inputs of the N-50a occupied - so this looks more of a "bricolage" for the time being but as said (and you also say): I'd prefer a nicely build-in approach with no fuzz being WAF-factor 100% and just running, it's also a reason I am OK to pay a certain price to get this.

So Spotify and Pioneer, please take some position here, I am (or we are) waiting. Thanks

schmidji19
Roadie

Mmh, looks like Chromcast fraction is angry as well ...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Please-fix-chromecast-with-Spotify/td-p/2459136

So I stick to my problem with my device I think ... or change both provider and streaming device. I also can bring up all my old CD and Vynil collection not depending on any firmware update of whatever ...

schmidji19
Roadie

Ok here the official feedback I got from Pioneer and link to consider.

I was supposed to get a notification by Spotify but it looks like my N-50A, at least in CH, was wrongly disconnected from servers.

http://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/de/blog/verf%C3%BCgbarkeit-von-spotify-auf-bestimmten-pioneer-ger%...

https://support.spotify.com/de/article/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-speaker/

So it's in hands between Pioneer/Onko group and my importer/reseller.

At the end it looks like the -A(E) devices both are supposed to still run Spotify.

aurizz
Regular

that sounds promising, but my N-50A-K is still unable to connect

SUGGESTED POSTS