Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

PIONEER N-50A

Re: PIONEER N50A

schmidji19
Roadie

Mmm when I use the horrible pioneer app on my Android and try to select the spotify source the app tells me spotify cannot be used in a region where this spotify service is not available ... So who's the bad guy here? Do we come back to the DVD region stuff?? I am very confused really .... Let's try around us a bit more to boil this down.

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm in Brazil and I have the n-50a since 2015.

Spotify app always worked without problems.

In the support of spotify, at no time was mentioned the region question. Just about support for the LibSpotify service, as previously said by the Pioneer.

dimi256
Casual Listener

Try any of you to change your country in the spotify account to the czech republic and let me know if it works. Maybe try it change your ip adress to czech republic via free vpn. :)) and try to ask a question when spotify turn it off in the Czech Republic.

schmidji19
Roadie

I also saw for libspotify.

I removed all on Samsung s7, pioneer app, spotify app restart my phone then reinstalled it all and ... Still same issue. Same for my wife and kids all having different de devices ...

Country and VPN why not let me consider.

Thanks

schmidji19
Roadie

Ok did some.other stuff such as factory reset my pioneer, not helping too.

Another thing is all our win10 machines cannot stream longer to the pioneer neither despite that worked like a charm until recently.

So looks like being more a.kind of country lock for Switzerland, hello spotify team any infos please??

Last but not least I also checked my router but nothing here and all numerous services going over it still work seamless ... So.

schmidji19
Roadie

Other stuff trying out now is to disconnect the machine from plug for 5 min, Madame suggested this, that would be a great hack.

Otherwise seeing how spotify connect is engineered the.pioneer normally retrievss the stream using my credentials or a.derivation of those. And it's e.g. My phone app giving those credentials to the pioneer first via a special protocol. We keep in touch.

schmidji19
Roadie

Mornin' everybody,

Ok the unplug for a whole night of the N-50 didn't help ... :(

What I want to point out here and perhaps it was not clear before: Connect works well between all our Android and Win10 devices - we can remot control and move the stream from one machine to another one.

That means the problem guy here remains the Pioneer: his firmware is no longer up to date and so is not allowed further to retrieve the stream in the name of my profile on the Spotify servers. What is strange however is it works in other countries but not in mine (Switzerland) - looks like Spotify phases this out and does not treat all countries the same when features are added or removed.

@Spotiy team: can anybody answer my questions here please?

schmidji19
Roadie

Sorry I write too fast and wanted to ask you guys here.

What year is your machine, S/N and firmware version your run on your N-50A? It's possible those devices don't ship with the exact same firmware depending on which country they're supposed to be sold - at the end this looks like then as a "region lock" despite it is not what has been targeted, just how the marke t is segmented in terms of firmware versions running on an apparently same hardware machine we all have here.

schmidji19
Roadie

Quick heads up: I wrote now to Pioneer Germany (it where it goes for Swiss guys like me), this time directly to the hotline, let's see what they say - will share back of course my findings and conclusions.

Cheers

dimi256
Casual Listener

Firmware: I write when I'm home. I bought in 05/2017. SN is qaiv004416er. 

SUGGESTED POSTS