Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PLEASE HELP! Can't access Spotify when connected to my new car stereo

PLEASE HELP! Can't access Spotify when connected to my new car stereo

I recently got a new car stereo. It’s a JVC. It has a Bluetooth setting, aux setting, and Spotify app setting. The problem is when I connect/plug in my iphone on any of these three setting options, the Spotify app is nonfunctional on my iphone. Music starts playing immediately. However, if I open ithe app while my phone is connected/plugged in, the Spotify app displays a black screen with the Spotify logo in the center. I can not access my music or anything at all through my phone. If I would like to access my music and change a song, playlist, artist, etc, then I must unplug/unconnect my phone pick a song, and then connect/plug back in, or use the radio controls. This is very frustrating, if anyone has any solutions it would be greatly appreciated! 

1 Reply

Hi @bsandy, welcome to the Spotify Community!

To start, can you let us know the operating system, and version of Spotify you're using on your iPhone?

Also. We new you have a new car radio device, but it'd would be worth a try to check there are no new software updates available. If there are, make sure to update it.

We'll be waiting for your response.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts