Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PLEASE HELP

PLEASE HELP

I have an HP chromebook and both the web player and the spotify app i downloaded for it, don't work. I can still click on the songs i want to play and browse spotify but when i go to hit play, nothing happens. I've tried reseting my entire chromebook, clearing my cache and all browsing data and still nothing works. Please help me out here.

1 Reply

Hey @JamesIngold52

That's strange that the app isn't working either.

It could be network issue as well - try restarting the router. You can try a different network connection too (mobile hotspot for example).

How long have you had this issue?

You can try the following steps to get the web player working:

1. Ensure that "This web player" is selected in the Spotify Connect button, it's between Queue and Volume.

2. Go to a random album and hit the three dots on any song to select "Copy song link". Now paste this to your browser's address bar and hit Enter.
This should force the web player to open the album and start playing the song. Hit play if it doesn't play anything yet.

3. Go to Spotify webpage, log in if you're not logged in yet and select any album in the "Jump back in" section. This should open the web player and make it play the album you selected.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts