Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS3-, error connecting to Playstation network

Solved!

PS3-, error connecting to Playstation network

Hi, I haven't ever been able to use Spotify on my fat PS3 as I get the Spotify logo and Error Connecting to PlayStation Network, please try again later. Reinstalling hasn't helped. I'm definitely signed into PSN. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try opening your mobile app of Spotify, start player track and click on the song title at the bottom and click the speaker in bottom right and select ps3

Worked for me.

(all to be done when it says error connecting)

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I had the same issue. This occurs when you are already logged into the Playstation Network. It seems like Spotify tries to log you into PSN when you are already logged in.

Try signing out of PSN, then open the Spotify app on your PS3. Spotify will then request you to sign in to PSN.

This is by no means a resolution, merely a work-around until this is resolved.

Marked as solution

Then all of a sudden it started working all right. No cell phone spotify usage or anything, it just started working.

Have tried two days and it just doesn't act up anymore. Worth testing again for all you others with issues.

Marked as solution

FINALLY A SOLUTION WAS FOUND!

In this Spotify support documentation you can read:

Note: If you created your Spotify account with Facebook, you can use Spotify on PlayStation® via Spotify Connect

That's why the solutions here say to use the smartphone app to launch the PS3 app.

You probably created your Spotify account with Facebook and this is the source of the error.

But I had problems with Spotify Connect too, so that's what I did:

- go to my spotify account and set a password to login with username and password

- go to my facebook.com, go to app settings, remove spotify app.

- go here and unlink PSN and Spotify

- launch the Spotify app on the PS3, and then do login with username and password.

Got it! Thanks Sony, Facebook and Spotify for this amazing experience...

75 Replies

I am having the same issue, spoke with Sony's support and tried to restore the file system to no avail. they have confirmed that the issue is not with them since their server works fine I can log into PSN, store, netflix, youture, etc) so it seems this is an issue with spotify's server. Really hope for an answer as this is very annoying

Marked as solution

Try opening your mobile app of Spotify, start player track and click on the song title at the bottom and click the speaker in bottom right and select ps3

Worked for me.

(all to be done when it says error connecting)

have you ever managed to login on your ps3 though? I haven't so my phone doesn't show the ps3 as an option for where play (only shows my phone and 2 computers)

Yeah logged it in the once using the phone trick and it signs itself in every time now

So i reset my modem and router and it allowed me to connect (I had already connected my account online through PSN so it logged in automatically). However, after working once, I still get the same error. I can do as benharvey1985 said and start music through my phone and then connect to the PS3, but it's an issue when I am not home and others want to listen to music. 

I have found once you've connected manually using your phone the Spotify on the ps3 will automatically log in any time it is started after that.

Thanks! It worked fine with me when im connecting ps3 manually using spotify phone. Just ensure u r in the same network thou

don't know if may be useful to know, but for me it's a random issue... sometimes simply it doesn't want to connect to the PSN (but obviously I am connected to it!)...

I found that inexplicably spotify on my ps3 works well only in the morning, while every problems I got appear only after 12 p.m.

do you have the same problems connecting spotify and PSN in the morning?
Marked as solution

I had the same issue. This occurs when you are already logged into the Playstation Network. It seems like Spotify tries to log you into PSN when you are already logged in.

Try signing out of PSN, then open the Spotify app on your PS3. Spotify will then request you to sign in to PSN.

Thanks a lot. It looks like it helps...

Just found out what to do 

open the spotify app on your ps3 and it will show the error

you then click the speaker icon on your spotify app and you click your ps3 

your ps3 should then continue to the spotify app and it works 

@andrewspiteri78 wrote:

This solved the issue for me, thanks.

I had the same problem. uninstall the program and install it again.

I had the same problem. uninstall the program and install it again.

No, it does not work for me - I have to sign out of PSN - run Spotify - sign in in Spotify. It always works...

That actually works. Thanks dude!

Yeah but I found that as a temporary fix,because when you start the Spotify app on your PS3 you can briefly see the login and the password slot on the app,wich means that you supposeto  be able to login to spotify without using another device more than the PS3.

Am starting to get a bit sick of the inconsistencies with this application!

Used to really enjoy running Sony's Music Unlimited but reckon Sony needs to give Spotify the push and work with a professional company.

Getting this problem all the time now, turn on PS3 on the weekend to listen to some good music and where this did NOT happen before it is now happening every time!

Spotify get your act together, PLEASE!

Or else TIDAL here I come....

Suggested posts