Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS3-, error connecting to Playstation network

Solved!

PS3-, error connecting to Playstation network

Hi, I haven't ever been able to use Spotify on my fat PS3 as I get the Spotify logo and Error Connecting to PlayStation Network, please try again later. Reinstalling hasn't helped. I'm definitely signed into PSN. Any ideas?
75 Replies

I have the same problem today. Only second time I've tried to use spotify on the PS3. First time worked fine.

Sorted it after numerous attempts. I actually tried to connect to "Music Unlimited" which said it needed an update. Somehow this forced my PSN account to login again and it miraculously fixed the Spotify login too!

Smart thanks it working 😉

Hi benharvey1985, thank is work. but is not best solution. because use Phone for that work on PS3. Manager Spotiy i hope repair that. Thanks again. my first language is french 😉

It worked! Thanks so much!

This didn't work for me as I didn't have the button on the mobile app. I tried resetting my PSN password to force a new login but that didn't help either. 

I finally got it working though, heres how: In the XMB menu -> PlayStation Network -> Account Management -> System Activation -> PS3 System and then I selected Video content (though I doubt this bit is important). I think the key bit is that I had never activated the device with PSN. Once I did this Spotify prompted me for a login and allowed me to sync my my Spotify and PSN accounts. And hey-presto I'm in. 

Thanks for sharing, this worked for me.

I did not work for me, I dont have the speaker icon at the bottom, and I could not choose the video option as Ladirizz007 suggested...It said " Illegal in my country/region"...

Spotify, you guys need to wake up and fix this 😞 😞

Thx, it works for me.

Will use mobile springboard connection for Spotify PS3 connection from now. Cheers.

OMG - thank you. THIS worked!

Worked for me, cheers!

Have tried all these solutions but this is still a problem for me. This error was presented to me the very first time I opened Spotify so I've never been able to even login on the PS3.

Worked for me but it's still annoying

Guys, this is a MASSIVE FAIL EVERY TIME WHEN OPENING THE APPLICATION. It's been reported for months. I know there is a workaround, but it still s*****. When will this be fixed?

A paying customer.

restore youre playstation

Here is how I got it to work: I had to log out of my PS4 Spotify account and make sure my PS4 was powered off and not in rest mode and then I was able to log into Spotify on my PS3 with no problem.

None of the solutions work for me - there is no "speaker" icon on my android phone app - and no matter how many times I try i cannot I just get the error.

Cant seem to link my Spotify account to my PSN account either - just says not available.

Real shame - worked yesterday when I first tried it - now upgraded to premium trial and just keep getting the same connection error

So I guess the Spotify free trial has failed for me - and that means no subs - what a terrible implementation of a new platform for a product - I guess they make so much money they just dont care.

Solution...get an iPhone lol

I have an iphone and it isn't working. Ive tried every method mentioned in this thread. As soon as my account switched from the free trial to premium, the app stopped working on my ps3. I used it without fail for 3 months while on the 3 month free trial as well. Its a bit ridiculous and I will not remain a spotify customer if this is the deal. I dont understand why the app stopped working as soon as my account switched to premium. 

Suggested posts