Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4 Audio Not Working

Solved!

PS4 Audio Not Working

When I try to play a song on the PS4 there is no audio from it.  The bar is showing that the song is playing, but it does not work and it stops all audio on the system.  I have tried unistalling and logging out, but nothing has worked. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The only other thing I can suggest is to make sure your music volume is also turned up from within the PS4 interface. It is separate from the volume of your PS4 overall, and can be access by holding down the PS button on your controller and navigating to the Spotify menu item.

The menu will expand over to the right side, and you should see playback controls, album artwork, the title and artist of the currently playing song, along with a volume slider. If you don't see that, update to the latest PS4 OS software.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello @grayj36! Welcome to the Spotify community!

First, I'd like to confirm you are receiving audio from your PS4 at all - including from games and another app, such as Twitch Streaming, or YouTube. If audio is not playing at all, then I would look into your AV Receiver / TV configuration to figure that out first.

If audio does play from the PS4, but just not Spotify, it's possible the Spotify app needs a reinstall. To do this, goto your Library on your PS4, scroll over to the Spotify app, and press Options on your controller. You should see an option to delete / remove the Spotify app. Then reinstall it from the Sony Playstation Store.

EDIT: I see you've already tried the above. The next thing I would look into on your PS4 is your audio output settings. This has never happened to me, but I know there's a setting in there to change the Audio Output from PCM Audio to Passthrough, which is useful for certain AV receivers. You might try changing that setting.

Let us know how it goes.

I have changed the settings on my audio output, but the app still won't work properly

Marked as solution

The only other thing I can suggest is to make sure your music volume is also turned up from within the PS4 interface. It is separate from the volume of your PS4 overall, and can be access by holding down the PS button on your controller and navigating to the Spotify menu item.

The menu will expand over to the right side, and you should see playback controls, album artwork, the title and artist of the currently playing song, along with a volume slider. If you don't see that, update to the latest PS4 OS software.

It worked.  Thank you, I had no idea that was there I appreciate it.

I have the same issue but the volume is up and it still don’t work 

Suggested posts