Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[PS4][Other] Bugs in Apps

[PS4][Other] Bugs in Apps

Two bugs I've found recently.

1. PS4: The music controls randomly disappear from the quick menu since the last update.
  2. Android car head unit (PX6): The layout has been altered to match my Android phone app but the links in the left pane are missing (library, playlists, etc.) and it's blank.
PS_Messages_20200819_202408.jpg
IMAG1816.jpg
6 Replies

Since the last update the PS4 bug isn't as apparent. It definitely still occurs though. Since it can still be controlled with the phone app I'm more concerned with the other bug.

I can't see any of my library and am unable to search so can only listen to previously heard music or by following associative links in artist profiles, etc.

Will these bugs be fixed or even acknowledged? They are very frustrating.

Hey there @cobraBLACK,

Thanks for getting in touch, we appreciate your feedback!

We haven't received similar reports, so we'd like to first rule out that the causes of these issues are device or account related. To that end could you perform a clean reinstall of the app on your  car headset ? You can find instructions on how to do this for Android devices here. If there's third party app access associated with it's use, it's a good idea to remove it and link it again. This page explains how to do this. 

As to the PlayStation issue - you can disconnect your Spotify account from Sony by visiting this page. Let us know if afterwards the issue still comes up. You should also make sure that both your devices and the Spotify app are updated to the latest version.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi.

I followed your instructions for both devices and it has made no difference.

I've been using the PS4 to control Spotify the last couple of days without using my phone as a remote control and the issue hasn't presented itself.

Does that point you in the right direction for the PS4 issue?

These issue won't be resolved if they're just ignored.

Suggested posts