Premium

Country

México

Device

PS4

Operating System

PS4

My Question or Issue

Music suddenly stops playing after the current song ends, it can happen after listening to the 5th, 6th, etc. song on a playlist. It happens on both the app and the quick menu access. I already installed the app again, and linked my account again and it still won't work correctly. It was working perfectly fine a week ago

28 Replies

same here. they said they fixed it and that the latest version shouldnt have this issue but it still does

I have the same issue, just started randomly last week. Please fix this! Music will play for 2-3 songs and then the whole app stops working, i have to restart the PS4 to get it playing again. This is very frustrating!

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

(PS4)

Operating System

My Question or Issue

So I play a playlist, then usually around 5-10 songs in, it doesn't advance onto the next song. It just stays there showing how the current song is done, but nothing happens. I try to click the manual button to skip to next song or go back but nothing happens at all. I click pause/play and on the runtime of the song it shows as if its restarted the song, but theres no sound. Whenever this happens I have to close and restart the app. I listen to spotify usually for hours a day for the past couple of months and this problem only starting happening for about the past week. Don't know if it matters too but the playlist is always on shuffle.

Hey @Twice222,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Have you already tried deleting all the app's data on your PS4 before logging in to your Spotify account and testing this one more time? Suggesting this since a fresh start for your PS4 app might do the trick in this case.

Let us know how you get on. We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too! 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

(PS4)

My Question or Issue

Since last month, whenever I try to play an album or playlist in the PS4 it goes fine for 2 or 3 songs, but at some point of the playlist/album it doesn't continue, it pauses by itself and stops in the music that finished. At this point, the app doesn't react to any command I try (pause, unpause, skip or retroceed, switch between playlists or albuns, etc).

The only way to "solve" it is to flood random commands for some minutes, and at some point the app gets back for another couple of songs. If I don't do it, the player will stay glitched for indetermined amount of time.

Another friend of mine is also having the same issue since last week.

I've also been having the exact same issue for a few weeks now.I'll listen to a few songs then it'll stop playing.Mashing a variable amount of inputs is the only way I can "fix" it again temporarily.

[Fixed] I reset my. PS4 and that did the trick.

The first 5 or so songs play just find, but then the music stops, and when I go to check, it's on the last song that played, stuck at 3:23 / 3:23, paused, and I'm unable to qstart it again, or play another song.

I tried setting my MTU in Internet Settings to 1450 instead of the normal 1500, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, none of them worked.
Now that I think about it, I'm going to try to log out, uninstall, reinstall and log back in, and see if that works.

In any case, I need help with this.

Also, some answers to what text was in the body:

Plan

[Free/Premium] Free

Country

United States, North America

Device

PlayStation 4, Samsung Galaxy A50, HP Laptop (not sure what kind)

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

Spotify does not appear in the saved data section for me for whatever reason, if you mean just deleting it and downloading it again, yes I’ve done that and the problem still persists.

Having the exact same issue. It seems to be happening whenever it tries to play an ad, and just locks up when it fails to play.

Same issue, it seems it might be ads failing to play that causes it.

This has been an issue for at least 2 weeks now, and none of the things that I've tried worked.

yup. really getting on my nerves. it seems to happen because of commercials i think. sometimes when it stops, i'll go back and play it, and the commercials are the first thing i hear.

yup same here. plays maybe a few songs, then stops. i think the commercials are messing up some how. even if you hit play again, it doesnt play your playlist. ive even tried playing different playlists, it just doesnt work anymore.

Plan

Free

Country

United states

Device

ps4

Operating System

ps4 app

My Question or Issue

ps4 app stops playing music after 1 song. please fix asap

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community to report this!

Just to confirm, could you let us know if switching the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) in Internet Settings to 1450 helps?

Keep in mind that you can always reset this value if it doesn't.

Further, some of you have also mentioned this happens when you see ads. Could you give us some additional details about that, for example, does it happen when a certain ad starts?

It'd be also helpful if you could let us know the exact version of the app on your PS4 device.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

KaterinaModerator

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

If you're experiencing this, could you first try these, if you haven't already:

• Restart the app
  • Reinstall the app on your PS4
  • Unlinking and then re-linking your Spotify account
  • If possible, try with a different account to see if that helps
  • Try a different internet connection
  • Switch the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) in Internet Settings to 1450 - keep in mind that you can always reset this value if it doesn't.

If the issue persists even after these steps, don't forget to add your +VOTE and details in a comment below so we can get this reported:

• Your device's details
  • Exact version of the app on your PS4 device
  • Does this only happen when you listen to ads?
  • The TS steps you've tried so far 
  • Any screenshots or screen recordings of what happens would be helpful - just make sure that there's no sensitive or personal info displayed.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies here thanks!

KaterinaModerator

33896BA0-01B8-427D-BCA2-E70B555C8B80.jpegIncluded a picture here showing how it gets stuck. Problem happened to me after every two songs today. I saw someone say that its ads failing to play for some reason and it locks up and glitches and I agree since that is usually when ads start playing. On latest version on ps4, aka 2.07. Ive deleted and reinstalled many times, please fix soon!

Tenho o mesmo problema , estou escutando música e o app para de repente no meu celular 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Canada

Device

PS4

My Question or Issue

I have this issue that keeps happening where a playlist will stop after a song is done. There are more songs in list, it just doesn't go to them. Furthermore it actually doesn't allow you to pause, play, or skip back or forth anymore.

Sometimes you have to just pick a new playlist and it starts again, while other times the app needs to be fully closed and opened again.

This has happened on multiple playlists. The account is open on a computer but no changes are being made and sometimes the spotify app isn't even open on that device. 

Suggested posts