Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4 Shuffle not working

Solved!

PS4 Shuffle not working

First off, I just started using Spotify with my PS4 and I LOVE it.

One problem, a big one at that, is the shuffle feature. It only mixes maybe 20 out of the 2k songs I have in my playlist. Is this a 'free' restritction? Anyway to fix this?

Not having all my songs blend makes the app extremely gimped when compared to Music Unlimited or USB music.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

With one of the last updates that integrates your playlists into your ps4 it seems to play more songs now. The new problem is that it likes to lock up when it gets to playing ads. The last update seemed like it was suppose to fix this very issue, but it didn't to do a darn thing for me. Music plays fine, then it gets to the ads, sometimes it will lag/skip during the ads, then it locks up. To fix it I minimize the game I'm playing, open the Spotify app, and close it down so I can restart it. If I don't open it my ps4 won't give me the option to shut it down. I've tried doing a full restart of my system and it still happens.....a lot.

View solution in original post

39 Replies

I just spoke with a Sony Customer Service rep and he said that free users only have a limited number of songs when they shuffle their playslists.

A partial work around for this is to move further down your playlist and start the shuffle feature from that point.  By doing this, you at least get a different set of songs from your list. 

Yeah, but I'm a paying member and it does the same thing...so...

I have the same problem, and I am a paying customer.  I have had Spotify for awhile.

Hey everyone,

Welcome to the Community! 

Just to let you know, we're currently passing on all feedback about this to the relevant team. We'll keep you updated. 

Yeah. Sony lied to you about that. I'm a subscriber. The issue seems to be that when you control spotify on the PS4 with the controller and through it's GUI it only loads a handful of your playlist at a time into the systems memory. Hence why scrollling over through your playlist takes so long to do. If it were doing this from memory it would be very quick. So it seems shuffle is pulling from only what the PS4 has loaded out of your playlist. I'm assuming the limit is set so it doesn't bog down your games when you play or something is all I can think since it is also loading album covers and such.

Well, I really hope it gets fixed because it's kind of pointless to have the same 15-20 songs on shuffle or anything. It's just dissappointing because you also can't easily search, but that's whatever.

I am having the same issue. I was very suprised at how minimal the app was, Its background never changes, the descovery page is a joke and it doesn't give me anyway of looking threw songs or artists in a list, I like the large album art but it just takes forever, you really MUST use yoru phone to control this app otherwise its completely unusable. 

Yeah, if you sinc your phone to your ps4 and use your phone to control the music everything works pretty well.

True, though... Cmon, who releases an app with such an obvious bug?

The same problem with the PS3 app of course. 

I'm also a subscriber, so it has nothing to do with if you are a free user or not. 

Paid customer for a couple years.

Having this same issue. I thought my playlist wasn't big enough. 

I have 176 songs on it. 

I only hear about 30 songs, give or take. 

I use my android tablet's Spotify app to control my PS4 playlist.  The only problem is it's also buggy.  The android app eventually loses synchronization with the PS4 playlist and you get stuck on one song on the android app and a different song playing on the PS4.  The only way I've been able to re-synch them is to use Spotify's connect feature to send audio to the android device, then back to the PS4.  

Well, I've identified one issue that causes the desynchronization of the Android tablet to the PS4 playlist.  If the tablet hits a local file song it will cause the PS4 playlist to skip to the next song that is actually available on Spotify, causing the two playlists to de-synch.  Advancing to the next song on the tablet only causes the PS4 to advance to the next song in its limited shuffle collection of 20-30 songs and they never resynch.

How do you sync your phone

This happens to me as well. 

I've tried the 'phone synch' solution but it still occurs. I'm a paying user, too.

It's frustrating. I have a playlist of 5,000 tracks and I get to hear about six different albums when I shuffle through it on the PS4. I prefer the PS4 app to the Roku app (it's abysmal), but I'm forced to use it because I like variety in shuffling (who would have thunk it!).

Please fix this Spotify. Apple Music is hot on your heels. Get your act together.

You mean to say I spent 6 hours yesterday going through all the tracks, making my playlist on my ps4 only now to be another person posting here with exactly the same issue. What an absolute joke! As if spotify drops on ps4 with a 20-30 playlist...i want to be able to play all of the songs I spent hours compiling......come on guys, I didn't sub to nor have this functionality, please fix it as a matter of urgency.

Yeah, I know. Recently (last week), Spotify was updated on the PS4, but unfortunately the size of playlists was not yet changed. Overall, I love the Spotify App. But, yeah, it needs work.

I'm having problem with Spotify on my PS4 since day 1. I''m a Premium member and spotify simply stop playing. Then I go and open another playlist and it work for a while and then stops again.

this is pretty anoying specialy when I have gests during a dinner.

I have 40MB internet connection and I have ZERO problem on my iphone app, just on PS4.

Still waiting ..... fix it please ......

Suggested posts