Premium

Country

Perú

Device

PS4 Pro

Operating System

Firmware 8.00

My Question or Issue

The application on PS4 fails to launch with the error code WV-33898-1, and in the top left corner, the error 0x00000006 briefly appears with the message "Couldn't resolve host name".

PS4 is currently connected to internet and working normally (I'm signed to PSN, browser works, and I'm using Google's Public DNSs). Reinstalling, resetting, etc. doesn't solve the problem.

I can access to Spotify using different devices on the same network (Android phone, Google Home, etc.).

error_2.png
error_1.png
2 Replies

Hi there @

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble launching the app on your PS4.

Could you try the following - Go to settings > account management > Link with other services > turn it off for Spotify > restart your ps4 > log in.

If that doesn't work could you try to set up a wireless hotspot from your phone and connect your PS4 to that one and see if you still get the error. This will help us determine if the error is network related.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I had a similar issue on my ps4. I started up my new game need for speed hot pursuit remastered. I got into the game and was connecting to autolog services which you need to have to play online. An error message WV-33898-1. And im the background top left corner of the screen error 0x00000006 could not resolved host name

20201123_160345.jpg

Suggested posts