Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[PS4 and Connect? I think?] Someone else controlling Spotify on my PS4 while I am playing

[PS4 and Connect? I think?] Someone else controlling Spotify on my PS4 while I am playing

Situation goes like this:
I was playing an online game on my PS4 when all of a sudden the Spotify app turned on in the background and started playing music without seemingly any prompt from myself. 

I tried to pause it/turn it off but whoever activated it kept pressing the play button. This went on for a while, and the Spotify app switched between several songs. It turned out to be a harmless prank that my housemate was playing on me, but it is really bothering me because I never authorized her to connect her smartphone to my PS4. 

There's 6 of us in the house, so we share a family plan with Spotify, i.e. we're all on the same account. But it seems like a weird security issue for Spotify to start playing on a device like the PS4 without some sort of authorization/confirmation.

It is funny in hindsight, but I don't actually want someone else to be able to control Spotify while I'm trying to do something else/trying to listen to a different song!

0 Replies

Suggested posts