Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

PS4 app "Error connecting to playstation network"

Solved!

Re: PS4 app "Error connecting to playstation network"

Goldstandard56k
So ive been using spotify on my ps4 forever ive been premium for about a year idk what the issue is right now but id appreciate it if it worked cuz thats what i have premium for right are there any fixes or whats the deal
Highlighted
Solution!

FailLink
Casual Listener
Did as you suggested and it work opened the Spotify app on my phone and connected to my ps4 and it worked immediately the error cleared and loaded

Thanks for this :)

imrusconi
Casual Listener

Million thanks for the workaround. 

Irishwolf23
Casual Listener
I can do what you guys said on the phone and listen to on ps4 but when I click the app on ps4 it just says this someone help I live spotify and ps4 compatibility... thanks in advance
1479916273612-179574639.jpg

Re: PS4 app "Error connecting to playstation network" Please try again later

Dinger009
Casual Listener

I am still getting this message every time I try and open Spotify "Error connecting to playstation network" Please try again later.

This has been going on for moths now and I have been in-touch with Spotify and Playstation and it hasn't been solved yet.... 

I have read loads of threads on how people have fixed this problem and I have tried them all and still no further forward. 

The only way I can connect to Spotify is through my MAC and my phone and I can connect them both to the PS4, but still can't run the Spotify App on ps4 without an error message. 

Any other suggestions on how I could fix this or will there be an up-date to fix this problem? Spotify????

Cheers 

Re: PS4 app "Error connecting to playstation network" Please try again later

Irishwolf23
Casual Listener
It's annoying cause I lost listening to music whilst playing games. They
spoiled our fun.
Solution!

tenaciousb83

I've finally figured this out! This solution will unlink the current Spotify account from your Playstation Network, and then allows you to re-set up the app with the desired credentials. Try this:

1. Log out of Playstation’s Network from the Playstation.
2. Follow this link on a computer or any device other than the Playstation. https://link.playstationmusic.com/spotify/details
3. After logging in, select the ‘Unlink’ hyperlink to unlink the old Spotify account from the Playstation Network account.
4. Log back in to Playstation’s Network from the Playstation and open the Spotify app.
5. You will then be asked to enter your login credentials for the new account.

After many frustrating hours and unsuccesful communication with Spotify and Sony, this solved my issue. I hope this works for anyone else having the same issue. Good luck!

Dinger009
Casual Listener

Nice 1, cheers mate.. worked a treat!

Eddiefavela
Casual Listener
I tried doing this but once I log in I get a "please wait"on the screen and nothing happens

bloopity
Casual Listener

I have the same issue. It's quite frustrating. :-/

SUGGESTED POSTS