Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4 app "Error connecting to playstation network"

Solved!

PS4 app "Error connecting to playstation network"

I tried to upgrade my free Spotify account to a student premium account (that is linked to my PS4) but it wouldn't work so the Spotify team suggested they free up my email address so I can create a new account. 

I created the new account and then Spotify deleted my old account.  I'm now unable to access Spotify on either my PS4 or PS3.  I assume I needed to sign out first but I wasn't told this.  I've tried leaving the PS4 at that screen then trying to use 'Spotify connect' to send music to the PS4 but this also doesn't work.

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled.  I just don't understand why there isn't a sign out option so I can sign in using my new account details. 

62 Replies

Hi i followed the link you had in your thread response but it just wont load.. i have a good internet connection. all it sais is please wait repeatedly, any ideas?

You're the REAL MVP, thank you!
Marked as solution

Thanks a lot it worked

I did this (the unlink, reset PS4 etc) and worked ONCE!

After I restarted the console I have the same issue... this time nothing to unlinked.

Error connecting to Playstation Network.

Please time again later.

This is not acceptable, especially in Sony Playstation case.

Next? Xbox, this is for sure and probably back on downloading music. Never had problems listening to my mp3s files

really work :):) thnk u so mch...

Thanks!!

Worked like a charm! Thank you for making your solution public--it's much appreciated!

Spotify needs to add this to their main troubleshooting FAQ.

I'm still getting the exact same error after attempting the process multiple time. 

same. i have tried the work around several times in several different orders. this has never happened to me before and nothing has changed in my account. hoping this is just a bug in the service and it'll come back up in a while.

Thanks !!!! Work perfect!!!

Thanks dude for help you deserve a beer 🙂

Worked like a champ! THanks.

This issue is NOT resolved! The proposed solution does not work for everyone. When I try https://link.playstationmusic.com/spotify then the page just gets stuck on "Please Wait...". This is a serious bug and makes the PS3 app unusable.

Please fix so that all premium users can login in on the app.

Worked like a champ. Thanks, man! 

Doesn't work for me. That PlayStation Music website just says "Please wait" endlessly.

yeah, same with me.

Oh. My. God. Finally after literally YEARS of trying to fix this your solution finally solved my issue. Thank you SO much!

This is the advice right here. Stupid webpage wouldn't load for me either, so I got on with live chat support.

I have this problem and its 3 years later 

I fixed it

Suggested posts