Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4 music stream constantly fails while gaming, does not resume

PS4 music stream constantly fails while gaming, does not resume

I use spotify on a number of devices without issue. The only problem is with the PS4.

I can stream music all day with no problem. I can control via the desktop or my android phone with no problem. 

However when I am gaming the music will stop at a random time. It could be 2 minutes into the first song, or 20 minutes later when we are in the middle of a game. 

When the music stops, nothing can restart it. Whether I have my phone connected, PC connected or even if I am simply using the PS4 controller. I have had the stream fail while controlling it with only the ps4, and tried connecting my phone at that point. It makes no difference, once the stream crashes, it takes a restart of everything to get it back.

This only ocurs when I am playing a game on PS4. Online game or offline, it doesn't matter. I have tried uninstalling/resinstalling spotify on every one of my devices including the PS4, but this hasn't changed anything. 

I have searched around and read about a few poeple experiencing a similar issue, but I have never seen a resolution. The main advice people seem to be getting is "try controlling it with your phone or PC," but as I have mentioned that doesn't seem to work for me.

Other than this frustrating issue I am enjoying premium quite a bit. 

EDIT: I should mention that the first month that spotify was on PS4, before I upgraded to a premium account, I did not experience this issue at all. Only after the upgrade has it occured. 

1 Reply

I'm sad that nobody has any ideas.

I was very excited to see an update to the Spotify PS4 app today. I quickly installed it and realized that the problem described in my post above has not been solved or addressed in any way. 

I will keep waiting.

Thanks in advance for anyone who has a suggestion.

Suggested posts