Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4 not playing songs anymore

Solved!

PS4 not playing songs anymore

Hi guys, I recently downloaded Spotify on my PS4 and absolutely loved it. For the first couple of days it all ran smoothly. I decided to take the free month upgrade to Spotify Premium that the PS4 offered, and once i did that IMMEDIATELY things changed. Everytime i start a new song, the song immediately pauses and stops playing. Once in a while a song will play, but 90% of the time songs just keep pausing themselves before the songs even starts! This has now made Spotify unusable.

I have already tried restarting my PS4, deleted the app from the PS4 and downloaded it again a number of times, and my internet connection is fantastic and directly connected to my PS4 so it isn't the internet speed. When i play Spotify from my Macbook or my iPhone it all still runs smoothly, but just not on the PS4!

HELP!

78 Replies

In my opinion we dont have to do nothing, Spotify must launch some update to fix it.
I have some dificulties with my internet connection because my device is not compatible 100% so i cant change my MTU and those things as you guys.
I will wait for some update because it works fine all the time and i dont get it why it doesnt work anymore.
So, my question is:

Spotify, will you fix that bug togheter with Sony or what?
Thank you

Just got done deleting all of the songs which was it had copied most people f them as up to 5 times and there are still 2 songs in which the account won't even let me delete PlayStation really should have just stuck with what they had before at least it would shuffle throughout all the songs, so glad I only did the premium trial cause I refuse to pay for something so broken you'd figure with all the cash flow they get and the fact that they've been on PlayStation for over a year they would have fixed it by now but clearly customer satisfaction is not a priority;-\. I will most certainly be deleting the entire Spotify accnt all together they certainly don't deserve the number way to go PlayStation nice to see you sell out for crap.

This has been frustrating me for the past few weeks. MTU change works perfectly - amazing - thank you!

This is caused because the people (and the PS4) are located in a different country that the spotify account. You will have the same issue with chromecast.

I had the same issue, my spotify account was from Slovakia. I moved to Ireland and the app stop to work, PS4 not playing songs anymore. So, I went to spotify website, I changed my account from Slovakia to Ireland and ¡¡Eureka!! PS4 started to playing music.

So, if you are located for example in Spain, you must set up your spotify account in Spain too. 

This worked for me too. Thanks.

Spotify is working on my laptop but whenever i play it on my ps4 it randomly stops and wont come back on. how do i fix this issue?

I am writing as an IT and i have to mention that although the change of MTU make really no sense, this is a fix which working. But guys keep in mind that the MTU is very critical for the transmision of the packets for internet connection of specific type of connections e.g. PPOE which is the most common internet connection for a simple home user to connect to the internet.

What exactly does MTU is something technical that there is no reason to explain to you, but keep in mind that for the 90% of the internet connections with PPOE protocol the perfect MTU number is 1492. Defacto 99% of the people changed the MTU to the number of 1450 will have drop of the connection speed.

Yes this worked for me as well. Thank you, this was been driving me crazy and I have not found anything that worked until now.! Cheers 🙂

With 1450 my PS4 couldn't get an IP address but 1492 worked like a charm and fixed the Spotify issue. Thanks so much!

I just bought premium last night on my PS4 too, it was fine last night, but when I woke up, it's doing the same think he's talking about! Thanks for helping me out Spotify premium, I don't have to listen to advertisements.....and my music? =| MF! XO

I too had the same issue after getting premium and is now fixed with MTU at 1450.

PLEASE SORT THIS SPOTIFY so I can change it back.

This also worked for me, runs as smooth as ever, thanks man

Struggled for months with this!! Hero!!! Sorted it straight away!!!

Set up internet again , when you get to MTU option, manually change it to 1450. This fixed it for me

That did the trick for me. Thanks Jcee!!

Thank you this works I don't know what I would do without spotify

awesome. worked for me. changed mtu to 1473. cheers

Set a different MTU! Mine was on 1500, but when I set it to 1450 it worked and I can now play songs without go all mad on the play button on my mac or iPhone! 🙂

fixed it for me to, mtu 1450.

Fixed it for me as well, but this should not be necessary. My MTU is set to 1492 on my ISP supplied router, BT (British Telecom), the largest Internet Provider in the UK. 1492 is the MTU size for PPOE which is used on my fibre optic service.

No idea why spotify on PS4 requires an MTU of 1450, but I can only imagine it is due to Sony having server issues a few years ago, around the time spotify came onto the PS4, and during these times the MTU needed to be 1473 and 1450. This was a server issue and is no longer the case.

Suggested posts