Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4 not playing songs anymore

Solved!

PS4 not playing songs anymore

Hi guys, I recently downloaded Spotify on my PS4 and absolutely loved it. For the first couple of days it all ran smoothly. I decided to take the free month upgrade to Spotify Premium that the PS4 offered, and once i did that IMMEDIATELY things changed. Everytime i start a new song, the song immediately pauses and stops playing. Once in a while a song will play, but 90% of the time songs just keep pausing themselves before the songs even starts! This has now made Spotify unusable.

I have already tried restarting my PS4, deleted the app from the PS4 and downloaded it again a number of times, and my internet connection is fantastic and directly connected to my PS4 so it isn't the internet speed. When i play Spotify from my Macbook or my iPhone it all still runs smoothly, but just not on the PS4!

HELP!

78 Replies

Lets just hope they’ll fix it… 🙂

Yep Spotify on the PS4 does not work with the following UK service providers:

1) BT Infinity (largest UK provider) with around 4 million users. Tested with BT HomeHub 5 and the brand new BT Smart Hub

2) TalkTalk Fibre (Second connection in my home) - also one of the largest providers. Using the ISP provided Super Router.

All 3 routers are out of the box configuration. No changes.

Only fix on all 3 routers is to set MTU to 1450.

This means at least 8 million people in the UK cannot use Spotify on the PS4 unless they make these adjustments.

For the record we have 3 PS4s in my home (shared house) and it affects them all.

So yes, they need to sort it out It's a joke!

1473 worked for me, thanks !

Hit the playstation button. Open the spotify app. Press playstation button again to get out of that screen. Click and hold ps button to show quick menu. Go to close applications and close spotify. At the quick menu under music go to spotify and choose music you want. It worked for me perfectly.

My problems a little different but it also does that exact same thing. But I had tried adding the device to my phone's spotify app but it won't play any music, it just shows the PlayStaionVue ad and continuously plays with no audio. I don't know what happened just one night it stopped working and hasn't worked since. 😕
Marked as solution

Solved : go to the Spotify on your PS4 then exit out and click close application then go back to Spotify and play any music

Is it frozen or turned down? You may have turned it down on the app from your phone. Turn it up!

I have tried pretty much everything that was said in this post. I tried ports 1450, 1473, 1473, tried for cable connection, tried to change my DNS to google and back to the default of my internet provider, tried to remove all my offline devices from my spotify account, I tried to uninstall the App on PS4 and reinstall. Nothing worked. I still have the WS-41754-1 error. If I open spotify on my phone, I start playing a song and I have to play the PS4, it plays, but I can only change the playlist, select another song, etc ... from the phone. This error is already starting to annoy me!

I can't even load into the aplication

Eu resolvi o meu problema com a Sony. Se não me engano, eles excluiram o
vinculo do meu spotify da minha conta PSN e eu tive que vincular novamente.
Depois disso acho que voltou a funcionar.
Não tenho certeza porque já faz tempo.

Same here! This issue seems to be around for a year and nothing has changed. Fix it, Spotify!

I had the same issue. Songs didn't play in he PS4. It was working fine and apparently the PS4 put Spotify into mute mode with no warning. I fixed it as easy as going into the Spotify widget (by holding the PS button) and turning the volume up.
I don't know if this issue is the same everybody is having here, but it is worth mentioning.
Cheers!

This is an persisting issue for me. Changing the MTU settings do not help at all. I have a premium Spottify account and my playlists work on my computer, Iphone, work,... but my PS4 will not play them at all.

Try deleting and reinstalling spotify

I use my PS4 VR a lot. In order for me to broadcast what I am seeing on my headset, I have to take HDCP off from the ps4 settings. I forgot to turn back on my HDCP which affected my Spotify playback. Hope it helps.

@Stephanb45 wrote:

This is an persisting issue for me. Changing the MTU settings do not help at all. I have a premium Spottify account and my playlists work on my computer, Iphone, work,... but my PS4 will not play them at all.

Did you manae to fix this issue? Make sure you're not logged in on any of you're other devices, unless of course it's your phone connected to your ps4, It may be worth just playing with that MTU a little more, I know MTU 1450 worked for me and a few others but I have heard of people having to go lower than that or even in between

Hopefully it works out for you 

This fixed it for me... go to “Settings”, then “System.” After that then turn on “Enable HDCP.” Hope it was as helpful to you as it was to me!!

Turn up the volume in the Spotify widget!!!

Cheers to this wonderfully helpful comment. I use my PS4 to play music through my sound system in my living room during social gatherings, and it kept pausing intermittently after the latest update. After HOURS of trouble shooting, I stumbled across this comment, and within a minute of figuring out how to change the MTU, it was all fixed. 

Can confirm this works, cheers for the tip!!

Suggested posts