Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

PlayStation 5

My Question or Issue

20210522_083619.jpg

I keep having this issue on the Spotify app for the PS5 in which it keeps showing this error. I have this issue that when I play music and/or skip to a next track it would show play the incorrect song while it persistently show the previous track. It seems it "unsyncs" from what is actually playing from what is shown. When I open the app itself it would get stuck in the loading screen showing an error code. I have done the proper troubleshooting steps such as reinstalling it, unlinking PS5 or Spotify vice versa, and soft resetting the console. I have tried using ethernet and wifi internet connections to see it makes a difference. 

The methods that would fix it albeit temporarily is to unlink Spotify on the PS5 and soft resetting the system. Sometimes I would like to start Spotify on the PS5 using my phone. It definitely works and it even turns on the console from rest mode; however that too causes the latter problems. 

At this point, these errors are becoming more frequent to the point of aggravating. Please help.

19 Replies

Hi there @SteelBeowulf,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We've been made aware of a subset of users having similar desync issues, but so far we haven't been able to reproduce it and it's still unknown if the issue is on our end, or if the PS5 systems and/or networks are involved. We'll be optimizing the app regularly though, and if we're able to implement a more permanent fix for this, we will in future updates. Although we can't commit to a timeframe right now, make sure to keep the app and your device's software updated.

Apologies for any inconvenience. If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Another remedy I discovered is to Restore licenses in the PS5 to which fixes the desyncing and lasts for quite a bit, but ultimately desync after a while.

Hey @SteelBeowulf,

Thanks for sharing what worked for you with the Community!

Other users facing this issue will find this information helpful.

Cheers 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I also get this error on my PS5. Today, after the music un-synced, I tried doing the usual "close app" and then "reopen app," and as usual it resulted in the error screen. So I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling the whole app. But when I tried to open the newly installes app, I got the same error screen. So odd. It seems the only (albeit temporary) solution for me has been to restart my PS5. It only works for a bit before un-syncing though.

Thank gawd I'm not alone here, I was honestly unsure at first if it was the games I was playing, as some of them had occasionally crashed on me without Spotify active. But I have had these same issues, desynchronization, and lately even soft locking my PS5. It crashes everything, tries to resolve itself and just stays at 68% until I manually shut it down. I even tried leaving it and it stayed like that for an hour before the power save kicked in. It has been happening with more frequency lately, and I'd be tolerant of it if it wasn't crashing my entire system. At that point it's aggravating and unsettling for something so pricy to begin with.

I've been having the same issue for months.  It is extremely frustrating to be paying for Premium and have the PS5 app be so broken it will usually only work immediately after restarting the PS5.

20220312_170407.jpg

I've been getting these same errors using Spotify on my PS5. I tried several suggestions people had like closing the app and restoring licenses, but the only thing that worked was shutting down the entire PS5 and starting it back up again. Why has this error existed for a year with no fix Spotify? In what world is restarting the entire machine for a bare bones music app an acceptable workaround?

Hey folks,

Thanks for your inputs so far!

You can try clearing the cache of your PS5, but keep in mind that you'll lose your settings, so you'll have to readjust them. To clear the cache:

1. Power off your PS5, then unplug the power cord from both the console and the power outlet and wait 30 to 60 sec.
  2. Plug the cord back in and power on your PS5.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

That's a bummer this hasn't been resolved. I used to play and listen to Spotify just fine. This is quite frustrating

Hey @Amethystvenom,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Just to confirm, have you followed the steps provided by @Yordan above? If so, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps you've done so far? This will help us have a better look at the issue and help you further. 

We'll be waiting for your response.

OscarDCModerator

Hi there,

I did do the steps Oscar said and so far so good. I've only had about one gaming session since then though. I'll report back if anything starts to act weird again. 

Thanks for the reply!

Hi there @Amethystvenom,

Thank you for getting back in touch and letting us know that it worked as it should.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I did all that.. clear cache, restart, rebuild database, uninstall spotify reinstall it... On system on m2 ssd, on usb, whatever... Every time Spotify will work ok for maybe an hour and then start lagging/stuttering... Making it impossible to listen to my prefered playlist while playing.. don't you guys have a ps5 to try and reproduce the error ? It shouldn't be hard. Just play any game while listening to Spotify for an hour and it will happen for sure. You can even set the ps5 to rest and then restart it and in a few minutes the lag/stutter is back... This is rly rly frustrating

Hey @yongbi!

What you can try out is changing the default MTU value in your PS5's network settings to 1450 or 1473 to see if that would do the trick.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I've set it directly to 1473, running for about 2 hours without issue now.
Seems to me you have pinpointed the origin of the problem but what can be done so people don't have to tweal themselve ? Is it an issue for sony to update in the ps5 firmware (some desync with network packages when using a too high MTU ?) Or is this issue solely related to Spotify App and in this case are you working on solving this issue definitely ?

Hey there,

Thanks for posting.

We aren't able to reproduce the issue on our test units, which is also the reason why there's no complete fix for now and this seems to be an issue outside of Spotify's reach that tends to hinder playback and through our troubleshooting we've noticed the proposed step might fix the issue.

It seems to be affecting only individual systems and the reason is as of yet still unknown. Clearing the PS5s cache has been reported to alleviate the issue, so for now those are the only recommendations we can provide.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

After 3 days in rest mode with about 10 cycles (rest mode - play - rest mode), the stuttering was back in about 10 minutes. I'm still baffled some PS 5 users encounter it and others not...
Maybe to give some context : m2 SSD used (1TB), 3 usb HDD of 4TB each (only one used at a time of course) so a library of more than 500 games
Beside that it is a standard PS5 v1 (before they lost some weight and changed the heatsink)

I'm getting this error to its not just him it's horrible honestly good luck on the fixes

Even in 2024 the problem continues to occur.
I noticed that when producing songs using the shortcut on the bar, it works correctly, but the problem occurs when trying to open the application directly.

I also noticed that if I play a song directly via the shortcut or if I try to open the application indirectly, by clicking on the favorites option for example, the application opens without the error occurring.

420749278_2700915560075410_6154673491086816559_n.jpg

Suggested posts