Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Philips 42PFK7109 stops playing songs in playlist randomly

Philips 42PFK7109 stops playing songs in playlist randomly

Hi

Every time i select a playlist to play on my tv (Philips 42PFK7109) it plays the first song, most of the time also the second song but then it stops playing for no reason. I need to grap the remote, push the "next song" button and than it continues for 2 songs, after which it stops playing at the end of the song again. This also happens on repeat-all and on shuffle.

18 Replies

i dont know, nobody wants to help

Are you connecting through wifi? It sounds like the connection may be dropping out. If not, it's worth removing the spotify app and installing it again.

I'm connecting via Wifi, but when a song is finished, it pauses the playlist, the next song isn't started. I have to press "next song" manually.

I also tried cable a few days ago but that doesn't change anything. So I don't think it's a connection problem, but a problem with the app. I also tried reinstalling the app, also no results. 😞

I suggest getting in touch with Phillips tech support to see if they have any suggestions. 

Hi,

I have the same issue here, same model. Any solution found?

Otherwise I'll contact philips also.

thanks,

Remon

Hi,

I have the same problem here with a Philips 47PFK7199. It's connected to the internet by cable. 

Same problem here with 47pfk6559/12 connected by cable to the internet.

Same issue on 47PFS7509/12, (2014 model)  ussually starts playing, stops after 1-2 tracks. Flawless cable internet connetion.

Also, it seems the original remote keyboard does not react at all, which it does in other apps as well on the tv i general.

br

PR

Reply from Phillips is clear, it´s an app. issue (spotify).

My 47FPS7509/12 was updated today, Spotify issue remain, stops after 1 track - come on Spotify, wake up.

If the issue is not resolved, I have no reason to maintain my Premium acount. I chose it to have the option use Spotify to have same playlists. which was not an option on Wimp, which I used in house and phone before. But when not active on TV, I will return to Wimp.

I do hope you will fix it soon, it would be nice to have the playlists in tv as well.

br

PR

I have exactly the same issue on my recently bought Philips smart tv 32PFK6509/12. I have contacted Philips and they stated that it is a Spotify app issue, to be resolved by Spotify. Please fix this annoying problem!

Spotify, please fix the apps issue with the Philips Smart TV (40PFK5709/12).  I love your service, I would love it more if it worked on my TV!

Same issue here, Is this a Spotify issue or Philips, Can someone from Spotify address this and try and close out...

I have purchased a premium account also to play on smart TV but not able to plat playlists as issues with stopping after 1 or 2 tracks....Annoying....Can Spotify resolve..Thanks in advance...Alan

i do have the same problem, who can help me thanks

I support your question, I hav the same problem

How can we communicte a bug to Spotify? Do you know a e-mail address?

Spotify do not respond, no longer have an account.only way to get in contact is through premium account, but only works when new customer to have account......
Phillips ignore issue saying a spotify issue, even though I was presented for the spotify option when I bought Tv new.
I no longer try to use my Phillips "smart tv" for this and swapped back to wimp hifi on my squeezebox.

I have same problem...

Spotify & Phillips is a dead end, no reaction WSE.

Suggested posts