Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play Spotify podcasts in other applications

Play Spotify podcasts in other applications

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden 

My Question or Issue

I'm a subscriber of a huge number of podcasts from a plethora of different sources, including the BBC, SR, Acast and a bunch of independent free and paid-for sources. I use Pocket Casts for listening and keeping track of all my subscriptions and it's working great. 

Now, there is ONE podcast on spotify that I would like to add to my collection. It seems Spotify has locked their podcasts inside the Spotify universe and that they cannot be added to whatever podcast player application you want. Do I understand that correctly? Because it kinda goes against the whole idea of podcasts.

3 Replies

Hey @Bulgur! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Unfortunately, you can't export the podcasts out of Spotify.

You can just stream them through Spotify as you said. You'll need to contact the owner/publisher of the podcast and ask them to publish their podcast on a different platform in order to add them to your collection. ^^

Let me know if that helps, thanks!

Peace

Hey Spotify, 

Fair enough, if you want some content exclusively on your platform. But why the **** don't you offer any way to listen to them in the car?

I'm a paying premium user, downloaded all the episodes of the podcast and they just don't show up in Android Auto. With Podcaster, this is not a problem and all my music is there as well. 

Please fix the problem fast, either by allowing 3rd party apps or by. fixing your Android Auto

THX Claus 

How can I connect spotify podcaster to our platform directly using api?

Is this possible to do it?

If it is possible then how can I do this?

Suggested posts