Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play song using Spotify API

Solved!

Play song using Spotify API

I am able to get requests to get the song URL(https://open.spotify.com/track/6zeE5tKyr8Nu882DQhhSQI)

But once I get it using the API im stuck there. My goal is to be able to automatically start playing that song using the API itself but I am unable to find any endpoints to acheive that. If i paste the url into my browser it will work but I dont want to play it from my browser i want the song to start playing on the desktop app. Yes I have the "Allow links to be opened on desktop" option ticked on the app. So how would I do this any help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @hooga32, help's here.

First, check that you have your browser and Spotify app up-to-date. You might want to reinstall the app completely for a fresh start.

Also, on your browser settings for the Web Player, make sure that you have "allow pop-ups and redirects" enabled. 

Click on the title of the track, and see if you get prompted to allow the track to open in the app. If it doesn't, try with other tracks, and get back with a screenshot and we'll have a closer look. 

Keep us posted 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @hooga32, help's here.

First, check that you have your browser and Spotify app up-to-date. You might want to reinstall the app completely for a fresh start.

Also, on your browser settings for the Web Player, make sure that you have "allow pop-ups and redirects" enabled. 

Click on the title of the track, and see if you get prompted to allow the track to open in the app. If it doesn't, try with other tracks, and get back with a screenshot and we'll have a closer look. 

Keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts