Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Playstation 4 Spotify App v3.02

Operating System

Playstation 4 FW 7.55

Hey there, 

so I'm trying to watch "The Joe Rogan Experience" via the Playstation 4 Spotify App, but there are two problems:

1. Only a small amount of the library shows up (maybe 50 episodes? And mostly old ones)

2. Video doesn't play.

Both of these issues don't exist on my mobile app, but I don't want to watch on my tiny smartphone, so I still have to go to Y**T*** to watch it...

20 Replies

Hey there @xSkycamefalling,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community! Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

As we haven’t seen any similar posts about this recently, could you let us know if you’re still having trouble with this?

Keep us posted! We’ll be right here if you still need help 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes. I had hoped the recent update to the Playstation Spotify App from yesterday(?) would solve this, but it didn't... I still only see a static picture when playing back Joe Rogans podcast.

I'm from Germany, btw, don't know if that makes a difference. I can watch the videos just fine on my smartphone, though, it's just the Playstation App where it doesn't work. 

I have the same problem.

I have the same issue! I have been WATCHING the Joe Rogan Experience podcast via the YouTube app on my PlayStation 4 for three or four years.

Of course I know that it's in the process of moving to Spotify, and I noticed that there was just an update to the PS4 Spotify app which includes most if not all of the JRE episodes. HOWEVER, unless I just don't see where to do it, there is still no way to WATCH the podcasts on the PS4. And of course, the Playstation 5 is getting ready to be released next month.

Are you planning on allowing people to actually watch the JRE podcast??? 

This is still an issue as 5/10/020.
Other threads are being closed regarding this. I wonder why 🤔

So.... Nothing?! 

I still don't see video on Joe Rogans podcast (or any other, for that matter), neither on my PS4 Spotify App, nor on my 2020 top of the line Samsung TVs Spotify App?!

December 1st is getting closer and Joe Rogans videos will be removed from YouTube because of Spotify exclusivity, BUT I CAN'T WATCH THEM ON SPOTIFY?!?

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

Currently, there is no option to play video podcasts on the PlayStation. The podcast will still be available, but only the audio section of it. Video podcasts are currently fully supported by our desktop, mobile and tablet apps.

If you wish to view Spotify video podcasts on your TV, there're still some option available. Most smart TVs support a screen mirroring option, allowing you to display whatever is on your phone or tablet's screen on the TV. You can find out if your TV supports this feature by checking the information provided by its manufacturer.

In addition, you can also connect a laptop to the TV via HDMI to again display it's contents on your big screen. If you go with that option you can use the Spotify app on your phone as a remote to control playback.

We know the above alternatives don't strictly allow you to have the feature you desire, but we hope some of you will still find the tips useful. Bringing up questions and feedback like this is what helps us improve our app and we will make sure to pass this on to the right team.

All the best!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Is there a plan to update the Playstation app to support video? The alternative solutions above are not acceptable. Up until Friday I was watching JRE on YouTube just fine. Was the Playstation App forgotten about?

Hey there folks,

As @Ver mentioned in an earlier post, video playback on the PS4 isn’t possible right now, but we’re always working to improve the Podcast experience on Spotify.

We appreciate your continued feedback.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Connecting and disconnecting a variety of devices just to get started watching Joe Rogan on my TV is a no go for me. If you are going to have a video catalog... you should definitely support consoles, which were always intended to be convenient multimedia devices.

Do you have any plans to allow video to be broadcast on your PS4 app in the near future? Yes or no? If yes, when?

Hi there @elbotron,

Thanks for your post.

We don't have any official information if Podcast video will be made available on consoles in the future. 

Our developers are constantly trying to improve the experience across devices. This feature might get introduced to the app in one of the next updates, however we can't say when or if for sure.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

And I thought I was the only one with this problem

I also had this problem

Is Spotify so inefficient that it takes more then 3 months to simply let video play on a video game console. 

A little bit sus, almost as if there trying to halt the range of the largest show in the world

how are you improving anything? people have been WATCHING this podcast on Youtube via PS4 for YEARS now! Theres no excuse why you can't make it work either! Don't buy something and force us into blindly listening (which sucks and i'll never, ever do that) No one is gonna hookup their laptop to tv for this or watch on the **bleep**ing phone when their PS4 which can do literally EVERYTHING else is already set up and ready to go. Your service sucks. I never used**bleep** app before rogan moved here. And now I guess I still can't becasue of just how useless your app and developers are. I'll just have to wait months on end**bleep** to popup on youtube now if I ever want to actually WATCH the show. **bleep** you spotify. Way to ruin the best podcast in the world. 

I just still can't believe that it seems to be so incredibly hard for a company like spotify to have video playback across all platforms in 2021. YouTube, Twitch, Disney, Amazon, they've been doing it for years and all you guys have to say is "well, you could play it on your phone and mirror that to the TV in horrible quality, that seems like a perfect solution to me!"

Pretty embarrassing, if you ask me...

This is still an issue 04/03/2021.

Suggested posts