Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback fail on Joe Rogan podcasts downloads (even when i select audio only podcast)

Playback fail on Joe Rogan podcasts downloads (even when i select audio only podcast)

Plan

Free

Country

PT

Device

Xiaomi Mi a3

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Playback fail on Joe Rogan podcasts downloads (even when i select audio only podcast) already install/uninstall multiply times, the audio podcast is downloaded but when you try  to play from you library or from podcast you get the message playback fail, if you go online the app will always uses data plan wen play the downloads and tried to show video even with the option (audio only podcast)

3 Replies

Hi @bubbazan3tti

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a regular one?

Also, can you let us know if this is happening on other podcasts as well or only on JRE podcast episodes?

Additionally, does this happen on multiple devices?

On another note, if you don't enable the Offline mode before listening your downloaded content, the app will keep using your data. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I am having the same issue with playback constantly failing while watching podcast

I tried the clean install and am still having this issue on my iPad, it is not failing on my phone. I have more than 50 GB of free space on my iPad so it shouldn’t be a storage issue.

Hey there @Bcsmoot

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your iPad to see if they can replicate this?

We'd also recommend giving it a try using a different internet connection. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts