Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playbutton stopped working as intended

Playbutton stopped working as intended

Hello all
For the last years we have used a play button to launch spotify playlists in the spotify desktop app from our webpage, but it seems like something has changed in the last days.
When you press the playbutton now it doesn´t launch spotify and only plays a 30 second preview of the song and shows the message "Listen to the full track
on Spotify". This happens regardless if you are a logged in premium user on web and in the desktop app and if you are not.

Does anyone else experience this? (besides 100+ users at our side) Has changes been made?

http://playbutton.test.intelligent-cycling.com/

Regards, Anders

-------

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

2018-06-05_1021.png
2 Replies

I am having this problem as well and it looks like it's a "feature". Frankly, i'm annoyed with this and don't know why Spotify would choose to do this at all.

Hey @BrianOverkaer

It doesn't seem to work this way anymore indeed. However Spotify should open by clicking on that green "Play in Spotify" button which will trigger the browser to ask whether to open Spotify.exe or not.

It's not as convenient, that's true.

I asked around a bit on it.

It does seem to be a feature. I suggest reading This article for explanation. 🙂

If you would like it to work the way it used to, I suggest looking for an Idea that matches your thoughts (try the Advanced Search methods too, especially the date range), or posting a new idea on this!

Hope this helps, have a good day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts